Funding IMSLP with Flattr

Messages from and Discussions about IMSLP

Moderator: kcleung

Marius Kempe
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:27 pm
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Funding IMSLP with Flattr

Postby Marius Kempe » Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:38 pm

Hi all,

I was wondering what your thoughts on adding Flattr (http://flattr.com) support to IMSLP. If you're not familiar with it, the service lets people set aside an amount of money every month and give it away, divided equally, to all the websites they choose to "flatter" that month, which they do simply by clicking a button on the websites. It already has tens of thousands of users (including me), and it's growing, so it could be a wonderful way to fund IMSLP's growth. The other nice thing about it is that it provides some stability to income, which means you can plan ahead with your financials, etc.

It seems to me like only a good thing - users who wouldn't otherwise get involved and just come to download a score or two could give a couple dollars when they do. Flattr takes a 10% fee from all donations, but this still leaves 90% of every donation as extra money over what you would have without it.

What do you think?

Alex Daniels
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:59 pm
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human
Contact:

Re: Funding IMSLP with Flattr

Postby Alex Daniels » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:57 pm

I'd like this too. It would make it so much easier for me to donate a bit to IMSLP. :)


onny
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:07 pm
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Re: Funding IMSLP with Flattr

Postby onny » Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:36 pm

Updated link: https://flattr.com/thing/426491
Hope IMSLP will join Flattr soon!

josiemoniz
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:04 pm
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human
Location: Clintondale, NY
Contact:

Re: Funding IMSLP with Flattr

Postby josiemoniz » Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:12 pm

Seems like a good idea to me. Dont know if imslp is interested in this though.


Return to “IMSLP Announcements”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests