Messages from and Discussions about IMSLP

Moderator: kcleung

kalliwoda
active poster
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

Backlog of copyright review

Post by kalliwoda »

It seems the backog of new scores blocked because they haven't been reviewed yet gets worse every day - and it is easy to see why with about 1000 new scores mainly from WIMA uploaded every day - and this speed is increasing.

Now all the scores from WIMA are still accessible on the WIMA website, but here their review blocks regular uploads to IMSLP already for almost a week - and if the speed of WIMA transfers increases, this may get worse!

Since there is no need to immediately process WIMA-scores to keep them accessible, may I propose that temporarily scores from WIMA are put on the backburner only to be reviewed once the regular IMSLP uploads are up-to-date.
Carolus
Site Admin
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Re: Backlog of copyright review

Post by Carolus »

It didn't help that I was away on vacation. I'm back now and tagged around 500 items last night and will be doing lots of work over the next several days. Hopefully, we'll be caught up soon.
NLewis
active poster

Post by NLewis »

Hi everyone,

It is really completely my fault that there is such a huge backlog. I have been very busy over the past few days, but I will take care of the the properly submitted WIMA files and regular files tonight with Carolus. I'm sorry for falling behind.
KGill
Copyright Reviewer

Post by KGill »

Emery wrote:It is really completely my fault that there is such a huge backlog.
Hardly, one could just as easily say that it is Davydov's fault for not devoting his life to the job each day, or Philip's fault for traveling this week, or Carolus's fault for taking his yearly camping vacation, or my fault for not being able to contribute regularly anymore (this is actually probably the most true one :wink: ), or every inactive CR's fault for, well...being inactive. None of them is constructive to contemplate, much less true; I certainly don't think Kalliwoda or anyone else here meant to point fingers at any member of the team. Bottom line, there is a huge amount of files submitted every day now, and it has caught the team at something of an inconvenient time. The enormous backlog will be cleared before long and things will return to an appearance of normality (i.e., the daily grind will be completed successfully), since nearly every generally available member of the team is now around - no need to panic. Blaming people will not help, even if it's just yourself :wink:
Peterdyson49
forum adept

Post by Peterdyson49 »

Just to affirm all the hard work that is going on ... it is amazing.... so thank you one and all...
Peter Dyson
Carolus
Site Admin

Post by Carolus »