Is IMSLP legal?

Messages from and Discussions about IMSLP

Moderator: kcleung

asdfg

Is IMSLP legal?

Post by asdfg »

hi

my question is, if the whole IMSLP site is complete legal? With all its pdf. files
i can't imagine that so many "gratis" pdf sheets on one site are all for free...

thanks
matthew
forum adept

Post by matthew »

I don't think this is the best place for this question, but i'll answer anyway:

YES, it is all free, it is all legal (dependant on local copyright laws) and if it wasn't then you can bet that it would have been taken off the internet by now.

It is true that it's hard to imagine so much great music for free, but there are many people out there who want to share thier own personal collections of music with the world, and the internet makes that possible if someone is willing to put in the time and effort to make a place to share the music with everyone and anyone.

There are numerous other sites with free music avalible, but this one is the biggest (and best) one around because it is a wiki, very few (any?) other similar projects allow everyone to contribute so only have a small group working on them instead of potentially hundreds here.
Yagan Kiely
Site Admin
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

Post by Yagan Kiely »

Everything on this site is at the very least free and completely legal in Canada, and mostly in the US and EU and AU.
asdfg

Post by asdfg »

thank you for the answer
i'm sorry about this question but on some sites you never know if its legal

thanks
Yagan Kiely
Site Admin
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

Post by Yagan Kiely »

Don't have to be sorry, there is no Problem.

Happy to answer. :)