New Purchase Bar

Messages from and Discussions about IMSLP

Moderator: kcleung

imslp
Site Admin

New Purchase Bar

Post by imslp »

Many of you probably have noticed the introduction of the new purchase bar as a replacement of the old Commercial Recordings section. I just wanted to start a thread and see if anyone has any comments or suggestions! The idea of the new purchase bar is to be more useful than the old Commercial Recordings section; but tell me if it isn't, or if improvements can be made :P
coulonnus
active poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Re: New Purchase Bar

Post by coulonnus »

I had a look with this example: http://imslp.org/wiki/3_Grand_Sonatas,_ ... _Ladislav)

1: The CD icon leads me to all available Dussek's Sonatas instead of this very Op.35 No.3. Can't the link assignment be more selective?

2: The Score icon has no results. Is is necessary that this icon shows up?
coulonnus
active poster

Post by coulonnus »

3: http://imslp.org/wiki/Piano_Sonata,_Op. ... ti,_Muzio) Do these 3 distinct editions have distinct sets of Scores, MP3's and CD's? Can't the 3 sets of 3 icons be put in common? :-)
imslp
Site Admin

Post by imslp »

Thanks for the comments Coulonnus! :) A few responses:

1. Yes. In fact, there is an entire system set up to do that, part of which is documented here: http://imslp.org/wiki/IMSLP:ScoreSearch (the other part is that I can also modify the search string generator by composer if necessary [as is in the case of Bach], but that is not documented as it would be complicated and I probably should do it myself).
2. Well, it does have search results, just not the results wanted in this particular case. Again, tweaking the search string via #1 is probably the way to go about it.
3. Unfortunately this would probably not save space, since in most cases (as is here) there will be a file-specific Performer's Edition link anyway, which, even if I merged the icons, would itself take up an entire line per entry.
Fynnjamin
regular poster

Re: New Purchase Bar (& Performer's Edition)

Post by Fynnjamin »

I'm confused about this - there used to be a link for a company doing printing from IMSLP - for non-US users. Where has this gone? All I get now is the Performer's Edition website, which gives $41 the cheapest postage to the UK - which I think you'll agree isn't great.
chimark
regular poster

Re: New Purchase Bar (& Performer's Edition)

Post by chimark »

Fynnjamin wrote:I'm confused about this - there used to be a link for a company doing printing from IMSLP - for non-US users. Where has this gone? All I get now is the Performer's Edition website, which gives $41 the cheapest postage to the UK - which I think you'll agree isn't great.
I can't speak to the other ordering options, however I can speak to the shipping. There should be lower postage options to the UK, unless you're ordering a very large document or express shipping. As an example, a 60 page score would cost $8.96 to ship to the UK from here using USPS First Class Mail International (Airmail). If you're seeing something different, I'll be happy to take a look for you if you give me a work/composer - we moved to a new Web store platform this weekend, so some of the kinks are still revealing themselves.

Mark Schuster
Owner
Performer's Edition