notabot2: Bot

Post by Vivaldi »

This is indeed wonderful news.
Yagan Kiely
Site Admin
notabot: YES

Post by Yagan Kiely »

* 22 January 2008 - The roadmap for the revival of IMSLP has been set. Like all good things, this may take a while, but we will persevere. The revival of IMSLP involves the incorporation of a non-profit IMSLP Foundation (exact name not decided yet, though we do have one in mind; do feel free to suggest one if you think of any) in the US. Because of this, help on the following points would be much welcome:

1. Files public domain in Canada but not the US do not need to be removed; however, accurate tagging of US public domain status is crucial. This especially goes for files tagged "Verified" or "Checked" prior to the splitting of the copyright tag into three jurisdictions; these files are currently tagged V/U/U (Verified/Unknown/Unknown) or C/U/U by default.
2. I welcome any and all help with either non-profit incorporation (in the US and Canada) or non-profit corporate maintenance (taxes, accounting, etc) offered, or even just any suggestions or words of wisdom (preferably from prior experience). Any help with obtaining charity status is also very welcome.

* In other news, I finally won the battle with my laptop (who wants to retire), and will be uploading IMSLP v0.7 soon, most notably with the newly designed multi-file template Smile Had finished it before Christmas, but never got a chance to upload it.
I can't find that anywhere. Where is the URL?
emeraldimp
active poster

Post by emeraldimp »

Yes, that's sufficient, thank you.
4444matthew4444

Post by 4444matthew4444 »

your welcome!!!! any request for sheetmusic people?
Yagan Kiely
Site Admin

Post by Yagan Kiely »

Settle down with the Emoticons 4444matthew4444.
Yagan Kiely
Site Admin

Post by Yagan Kiely »

Are you sure of the copyright of those scores?
Peter
Site Admin
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Post by Peter »

please don't turn this thread in a request topic for another website. thanks.
imslp
Site Admin

Post by imslp »

ArcticWind7 wrote:I would also enjoy Feldmahler to, at the very least, post in this one thread once a week? Would that be possible?
Sorry about not posting much these days; but do not worry, we are most certainly working on the resurrection of IMSLP. A main reason I have not been posting too much is because the situation seem to change at a very rapid pace, and so there was no solidified roadmap until a few days ago (and which still may change, but that roadmap is more or less the bottom line). Instead of getting everyones hope up and then being unable to fulfill them, I'd rather wait until things are much more solidified and certain before saying anything.

And regarding the source of Daphnis' quote, it is from a section of IMSLP that currently only the admins have access to, for copyright tagging purposes.
Vivaldi
active poster

Post by Vivaldi »

And regarding the source of Daphnis' quote, it is from a section of IMSLP that currently only the admins have access to, for copyright tagging purposes.
Would it be possible for us non admins to just see the page but cannot alter or edit anything?
Yagan Kiely
Site Admin

Post by Yagan Kiely »

I *think* it could be done by changing the permissions of guests and members. I don't think Feldmahler will be doing it. But it would be nice as soon as it is a little more stable to see a "familiar face".
Vivaldi
active poster

Post by Vivaldi »

That's fine with me.
imslp
Site Admin

Post by imslp »

ArcticWind7 wrote:I *think* it could be done by changing the permissions of guests and members. I don't think Feldmahler will be doing it. But it would be nice as soon as it is a little more stable to see a "familiar face".
Actually its not quite so simple (its impossible without rather extensive code modifications), and no this quote does not come from the forums (the forums hide nothing from guests and normal users)... but I've already PM'd Vivaldi about joining IRC and we can talk there (I gather Vivaldi has contact with you, and so you two can help each other get onto IRC). IRC is much easier than the forums for small questions... and its live too :)
Yagan Kiely
Site Admin

Post by Yagan Kiely »

Actually its not quite so simple (its impossible without rather extensive code modifications), and no this quote does not come from the forums (the forums hide nothing from guests and normal users)...
I half expected it to be difficult.
but I've already PM'd Vivaldi about joining IRC and we can talk there (I gather Vivaldi has contact with you, and so you two can help each other get onto IRC). IRC is much easier than the forums for small questions... and its live too Smile
Okay. I will certainly need help joining IRC for I have no idea how/where/what etc.. :P

You know, as soon as all this is over, you better get posting purely because of the simple fact that it won't look good if I have more posts than you. :P only 300 to go!
Vivaldi
active poster

Post by Vivaldi »

And don't forget me. I'm just 200 behind ArcticWind7 :)

On a related note, will the new IMSLP be allowed to use the original domain name of www.imslp.org or will it have to be changed (and use country specific domains like .us or .ca)?
Funper
Copyright Reviewer

Post by Funper »

ArcticWind7 wrote:
* 22 January 2008 - The roadmap for the revival of IMSLP has been set. Like all good things, this may take a while, but we will persevere. The revival of IMSLP involves the incorporation of a non-profit IMSLP Foundation (exact name not decided yet, though we do have one in mind; do feel free to suggest one if you think of any) in the US. Because of this, help on the following points would be much welcome:

1. Files public domain in Canada but not the US do not need to be removed; however, accurate tagging of US public domain status is crucial. This especially goes for files tagged "Verified" or "Checked" prior to the splitting of the copyright tag into three jurisdictions; these files are currently tagged V/U/U (Verified/Unknown/Unknown) or C/U/U by default.
2. I welcome any and all help with either non-profit incorporation (in the US and Canada) or non-profit corporate maintenance (taxes, accounting, etc) offered, or even just any suggestions or words of wisdom (preferably from prior experience). Any help with obtaining charity status is also very welcome.

* In other news, I finally won the battle with my laptop (who wants to retire), and will be uploading IMSLP v0.7 soon, most notably with the newly designed multi-file template Smile Had finished it before Christmas, but never got a chance to upload it.
I can't find that anywhere. Where is the URL?
I would like to know that as well...