You GO! Feldmahler! Battle against evil UE forces

Messages from and Discussions about IMSLP

Moderator: kcleung

adeadsniper
regular poster

You GO! Feldmahler! Battle against evil UE forces

Post by adeadsniper »

The introduction letter explaining the taking down of the site initially scared me, but I know have a slight understanding that all the files are on a harddrive somewhere and online the connection between the internet and the server is off right? Once the connection is reestablished everything comes back to the way it was?
I almost htought everything was deleted...

Anyways... I think many people would be eager to donate to the cause of IMSLP, either now or when the site comes back up. I forgot if the original IMSLP site allowed for donations (monetary), but I think it would truly be better if Feldmahler didn't have to pay everything himself, and perhaps money could also go into any legal processes that IMSLP may encounter in the future.

Just some ideas.
emeraldimp
active poster
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

Re: You GO! Feldmahler! Battle against evil UE forces

Post by emeraldimp »

adeadsniper wrote:The introduction letter explaining the taking down of the site initially scared me, but I know have a slight understanding that all the files are on a harddrive somewhere and online the connection between the internet and the server is off right? Once the connection is reestablished everything comes back to the way it was?
I almost htought everything was deleted...
I don't think it's QUITE that simple, but that's basically my understanding as well, although the plan is to phase out the US server (hopefully after letting us USians have a crack at it). I've been considering, some point in the second half of 2008 (I'm not making promises, just speculating) starting an IMSLP-USA, along the lines of the various Project Gutenbergs: legally distinct except for the name. Not sure how to do it yet, and I want to see the main site up and running again first, but it's germinating.
Yagan Kiely
Site Admin

Post by Yagan Kiely »

US server (hopefully after letting us USians have a crack at it)
Carolus mentioned how after it gets back online, they might get project Gutenberg to host it.
imslp3

Post by imslp3 »

This is the plan, and Michael Hart has agreed to help IMSLP over the phone, but of course starting the US branch is currently comparatively the least of our worries right now. But yes, that is the plan once IMSLP proper comes back up :)
Vivaldi
active poster

Post by Vivaldi »

Forgive me if this sounds stupid, but if the new IMSLP (US branch) will be under Gutenburg, does that mean that the Gutenburg server will host IMSLP (US), and does the domain name of IMSLP need to be changed?