In preparation for the return of IMSLP...

Messages from and Discussions about IMSLP

Moderator: kcleung

aldona
active poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

In preparation for the return of IMSLP...

Post by aldona »

For the benefit of those of us who are climbing the walls waiting for IMSLP to come back, and have decided to start scanning scores again to make the time pass (and so they are ready to upload as soon as the library is back online)...

Will the new and improved IMSLP be accepting files in the same formats as previously?

In other words, can I go ahead and make the usual .pdf files like before?

aldona
“all great composers wrote music that could be described as ‘heavenly’; but others have to take you there. In Schubert’s music you hear the very first notes, and you know that you’re there already.” - Steven Isserlis
Yagan Kiely
Site Admin
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

Post by Yagan Kiely »

I can't see why any other format would be used. pdf is the most universal...
Vivaldi
active poster
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

Post by Vivaldi »

In my case, I scan my scores into TIFF format, which is then converted into PDF format. So I would say the PDF format for sheet music scans seems pretty standard nowadays.
aldona
active poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Post by aldona »

That's what I do - save them as TIFF files and then convert them into black-and-white PDF files. (For some reason, my scanner can only save PDF scans in colour mode, resulting in headaches and waste of bandwidth).

I scanned about a dozen Schubert-Lieder last night. :D One of those rare evenings when I had not much else to do.

aldona
“all great composers wrote music that could be described as ‘heavenly’; but others have to take you there. In Schubert’s music you hear the very first notes, and you know that you’re there already.” - Steven Isserlis