IMSLP Browser iPad App

Messages from and Discussions about IMSLP

Moderator: kcleung

imslp
Site Admin

IMSLP Browser iPad App

Post by imslp »

I'm happy to announce that, after more than a year of development, IMSLP finally has an official iPad app! The app is called "IMSLP Browser", and you can find it in the App Store by searching for "IMSLP" or using this link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/imslp-b ... 71782?mt=8

But that's not all! We are working hard on a full version of an "IMSLP" app slated to be released later this year, in the meanwhile IMSLP Browser is a preview of many of the features of the full version. We are also working on Android versions of the apps which will come shortly as well.

All feedback is welcome! Feel free to leave them here or e-mail app@imslp.org
imslp
Site Admin

Re: IMSLP Browser iPad App

Post by imslp »

UPDATE

The full version of the iPad app has been released and can be found here: https://itunes.apple.com/app/id1373671782

Even though this is the "full version", we are still hard at work on many new and exciting features, so stay tuned!

An Android tablet version should arrive later this month or next month.

And, a little bonus - we now have an open-source Android app called MusikViewer that will open, view and playback MuseScore/MusicXML files along with PDF export. See https://imslp.org/wiki/IMSLP:Apps (Speaking of which, the full iPad app can also import and view MuseScore/MusicXML files.)
VictorEijkhout
forum adept
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Post by VictorEijkhout »

I'm not a heavy user, but when I use it this is a really nice app. Kudos.

Victor.
Cat
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Post by Cat »

Dear Edward,

Upon assuming that I could still use the IMSLP iPad app to take to a rehearsal, I loaded a new score in and started working with it; after a few minutes the app has basically disabled itself with an unfriendly message “This version of the app is no longer supported. Please update the app” that cannot be dismissed from the foreground. So none of my dozens of scores are accessible any more.

The intent of this is fine if you can update the app — however I am running the latest possible iOS for this device, which at 12.7.2 is less than the 13.0 required to update.

I just use the basic features — mostly reading PDFs, occasionally editing PDFs; I don’t need the metronome, the tuner, or any of the other fancy features. I know it’s a great app, but did it really need to become crippleware the moment it fell behind the current version?

Regards, Cathy
imslp
Site Admin

Post by imslp »

Actually this specifically shouldn't happen for the iOS versions we dropped support for (11 and 12). Are you able to restart the app with/without internet to prevent that popup from showing? If so, which version of the app do you have installed?