PDF Merging

Advice and Help

Moderator: kcleung

nabritta
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

PDF Merging

Post by nabritta »

What software shall i use to join pages of pdf file into a single page? I want to join two pages of a pdf file which has a half photo in page 1 and the remaining half in page 2 so that I can view the entire page contents and the photo in a single page. Please guide me to one easy, light weight and freeware, if possible. Thanks.
Last edited by nabritta on Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lyle Neff
active poster

Re: Finale to PDF

Post by Lyle Neff »

Look for the program PDFsam (PDF split and merge) on the web.

Or you could pay lots of money for Adobe Acrobat. :mrgreen:
"A libretto, a libretto, my kingdom for a libretto!" -- Cesar Cui (letter to Stasov, Feb. 20, 1877)
Jean-Séb
forum adept

Re: PDF Merging

Post by Jean-Séb »

I wonder if IrfanView is not the solution to your problem.
daphnis
Copyright Reviewer

Post by daphnis »

As far as I know, IrfanView is only an image manipulation program, not for PDFs.
KGill
Copyright Reviewer

Post by KGill »

ImageMagick should do that, but you were looking for lightweight...
Melodia
active poster

Post by Melodia »

I recently found a program called PDFTools (it's on Download.com). It works fine though it's very clunky -- for instance, you have to remove multiple files one by one. But it works fine and it IS freeware.
Philidor
Groundskeeper

Post by Philidor »

nabritta wrote:What software shall i use to join pages of pdf file into a single page? I want to join two pages of a pdf file which has a half photo in page 1 and the remaining half in page 2 so that I can view the entire page contents and the photo in a single page. Please guide me to one easy, light weight and freeware, if possible. Thanks.
I use PDFill PDF Tools 7.0 nearly every day to merge PDF files and add metatags. For a free, un-watermarked programme it's brilliant. Having said that, I've never used it to do what you describe. I'd use PagePlus for that (carve up a photo on two A4 PDFs to place it on one A4 PDF) then use PDFill to merge the result with other PDF pages. But PagePlus isn't free (£10 from Woolworths). You could do it with screen grabs in Paint then convert the resultant JPG into a PDF....

If you want to send me the two PDFs I'm happy to join them and send you back a single PDF page. It would take 5 mins. 8)
Jean-Séb
forum adept

Post by Jean-Séb »

daphnis wrote:As far as I know, IrfanView is only an image manipulation program, not for PDFs.
You are right, and my understanding was that nabritta indeed wants to merge 2 images rather than 2 pdf files. And merging 2 images should be possible with the "create panorama image" of IrfanView. Of course, he must first export the pdf into images format, which is possible for example with Acrobat (unfortunately not free) or, apparently, with PDFill PDF Tools mentioned above (I did not know it. it seems interesting). However I am by no means an expert in these things and I might have misunderstood the question.
Jean-Séb
Philidor
Groundskeeper

Post by Philidor »

Jean-Séb wrote:
daphnis wrote:nabritta indeed wants to merge 2 images rather than 2 pdf files.
Ah, well I'm confused. :lol:
nabritta wrote:I want to join two pages of a pdf file
nabritta: do you want to merge two images or two PDFs? Do you want the result as an image or a PDF?