Advice and Help

Moderator: kcleung

aldona
active poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Schubert @ Sibley - files in need of splitting

Post by aldona »

There is a Litolff edition (ca.1860) of the parts for the Schubert string quartets D.804, D.87, D.353 and D.810 (in that order) in the Sibley digital collection. However, each of the .pdf files contains all 4 quartets for a given instrument.
https://urresearch.rochester.edu/instit ... temId=7376

There is also a Litolff edition of similar vintage with the two Schubert piano trios (D.898, D.929). Once again each file contains material from both pieces.
https://urresearch.rochester.edu/instit ... temId=7954

And there is also a C.F. Peters edition (ed. Ferdinand David) of the two piano trios. Same story.
https://urresearch.rochester.edu/instit ... temId=7765

I don't have the time, the tools or the skill to split these into separate works so they can be added to their respective work pages. If anybody is that way inclined, it would be a very valuable addition to the IMSLP chamber music repertoire.

aldona
“all great composers wrote music that could be described as ‘heavenly’; but others have to take you there. In Schubert’s music you hear the very first notes, and you know that you’re there already.” - Steven Isserlis
kalliwoda
active poster
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

Re: Schubert @ Sibley - files in need of splitting

Post by kalliwoda »

Done - happy christmas
aldona
active poster

Post by aldona »

Thank you!!! That was quick!

And a happy holiday season and prosperous New Year to you too.

(I had already printed out the trios for my own use, but I know there are lots of people out there who, unlike me, do not frequent both the IMSLP and Sibley websites.)

And now that the dishes have been cleared away and the guests have gone home, I am looking forward to a nice leisurely Boxing Day and hopefully a few uninterrupted hours of sinking my fingers into the E-flat trio (D.929).

aldona
“all great composers wrote music that could be described as ‘heavenly’; but others have to take you there. In Schubert’s music you hear the very first notes, and you know that you’re there already.” - Steven Isserlis
aldona
active poster

Post by aldona »

...and sorry to be a pain after all your hard work, but I have just had a look at the files and it seems that you have the two trios under each other's work pages!

Trio No. 1 (D.898) is the B-flat trio and Trio No. 2 (D.929) is the E-flat trio.

(went to print out another copy as I had misplaced my previous one - thank God for IMSLP!)

aldona
kalliwoda
active poster
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

Post by kalliwoda »

oje - thought I had doublechecked everything.

... fixed???? - Replaced the files with correctly named ones, but the result is the same wrong link.
Got a warning however, in the first replacement, that there are two versions of the same file....
Once I replaced the corresponding file, everything returned to the previous state???

Could one of the moderators help - thank you.
pml
Copyright Reviewer

Post by pml »

File caching means that the "wrong" file might still be being distributed for some time after the replacement goes up - be patient! I removed the duplicate/wrong files and re-tagged the replacements last night, they should be fine by now. Regards, PML
--
PML (talk)