how to replace a file with a better one?

Advice and Help

Moderator: kcleung

bartmeijer
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

how to replace a file with a better one?

Post by bartmeijer »

In some of the scores I scanned color is important. Black marks are the composer's, red marks are the editor's. Therefore I uploaded color scans of those files. Some of those aren't very good: I had not yet found out how to do it properly.
Now I have, what do I do about replacing the old files? Just add new ones and hope a friendly moderator will clean up after me? Or can I do this myself?
pml
Copyright Reviewer
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Re: how to replace a file with a better one?

Post by pml »

Hi Bart,

if you look at the header for an IMSLP file, you will note that the IMSLP number – usually shown in small text such as #12345 – links to the file’s upload page; you can upload a new version of the file on that page (provided you are logged in under the same account).

e.g. on the page for Ševčík’s School of Interpretation for the Violin, clicking on the IMSLP number #93564 takes you to the corresponding file’s page, which has a link ‘Upload a new version of this file’.

Cheers, Philip
--
PML (talk)
bartmeijer
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

Post by bartmeijer »

Philip, gratias ago.
Bart
rshann

Post by rshann »

Ah, I wish I had seen that before uploading a replacement for a score I uploaded already. Now there are two versions, I wonder is there anything I can do to take down the earlier one?
steltz
active poster

Post by steltz »

You can ask a moderator in the moderator requests forum, but please specify page and the specific file (don't want to take out the wrong one!).
bsteltz
rshann

Post by rshann »

Thanks for the reply - before I saw this I had a new version to upload, so I followed the route suggested in this thread. The result is rather curious - both pages have now become blocked-pending-copyright-checkig (B).
This didn't happen when I mistakenly used the other route to upload the new version.
I'll try asking in the moderator's forum, as perhaps that is the more appropriate one.