Advice and Help

Moderator: kcleung

Phillip21
regular poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Uploading files direct from MediaFire

Post by Phillip21 »

I have some new scans which I have uploaded from a different computer to my MediaFire account. I was hoping to transfer them directly to IMSLP using the pseudURL facility, but - try as I might - IMSLP does not seem to accept the pasted in URL that MediaFire supplies. Can anyone advise me on how to do this?

Here is an example of a real file of a public domain score on MediaFire that I can't seem to transfer http://www.mediafire.com/?lfdprrf2ur59y58. If I were to sent this to someone by email they would download it without a problem. To get this file to IMSLP I had to download it and upload it again!
Phillip Sear
coulonnus
active poster

Re: Uploading files direct from MediaFire

Post by coulonnus »

Instead of
which is not the URL of the pdf, try a mouse right click on the green field "Download 608.12KB", 'copy link address' and paste it into the form you obtain with "Use this form" above the File #1 field.

Sorry to be off-topic: What does the mediafire site has that imslp has not? The mediafire site has nasty popups. I hope it didn't install something nasty on my computer :x
Phillip21
regular poster

Re: Uploading files direct from MediaFire

Post by Phillip21 »

Thanks for that - I will try your suggestion. In my experience MediaFire is perfectly safe - I have used it for years. It is a useful place to rapidly store files and then send links to others, and as such is no alternative to IMSLP which indexes and catalogues the scores properly.
Phillip Sear