Advice and Help

Moderator: kcleung

WilliamBunting
forum adept
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4

Post by WilliamBunting »

Is this software useful for doing color to b/w pdfs, or tiffs to pdfs, or batch processing (bmp to pdf, tiff to pdf)?
cypressdome
active poster

Re: Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4

Post by cypressdome »

I'm afraid I don't know of that software's capabilities and Adobe's website doesn't help much. The trial version is nearly an 800mb download so I don't think I'll be able to test it out. Have you ever tried Imagemagick? I run it on Windows 7 under Cygwin and have found it very good at re-sampling and converting images to black and white. I don't use Imagemagick to create the final PDF file but it apparently can convert individual images into individual PDF files. Those can be merged using PDF Toolkit.

Cypressdome
KGill
Copyright Reviewer

Re: Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4

Post by KGill »

cypressdome wrote:I don't use Imagemagick to create the final PDF file but it apparently can convert individual images into individual PDF files. Those can be merged using PDF Toolkit.
Imagemagick can create the finalized PDF too - you have to use the 'adjoin' option after each image, if I recall correctly. It's a bit of a pain and I remember it eating up a lot of memory and also temporary disk space for some reason, so maybe it is more efficient to finish the job with another program after all.