Dean Crocker creative commons editions

Specific copyright information. If you're not sure if you can upload your score, ask it here first

Moderators: kcleung, Copyright Reviewers

bicinium
active poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Dean Crocker creative commons editions

Post by bicinium »

Hello,

Just recently, I discovered a whole bunch of public domain music typesets by someone called Dean Crocker; they are freely downloadable on his website and seem to all be licensed under CC licenses. For instance, this page says the following:

"This Edition of Johann Cramer’s Piano Quartet, Op. 35 by Dean Crocker is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License"

This is a really valuable typeset since the piece is only otherwise available as early 19th century sets of parts (with no score). His other editions similarly address shortcomings. I would like these to be mirrored on IMSLP for better discoverably (seeing as I myself only just found out by happenstance) and I believe I can already do this myself under the terms of the CC licenses, but I wanted to ask to make sure and whether any special steps are needed. One complication is that the web page may say it's under a CC license but the pdf files themselves just say "This edition Copyright © 2020 CROCKER MUSIC".

Even better would be to get mr Crocker's involvement, but I couldn't find a means of contact anywhere on his site. I've posted a comment on one of his youtube videos; I suppose I'll go ahead if he doesn't respond in a week.
Choralia
Site Admin

Re: Dean Crocker creative commons editions

Post by Choralia »

By googling a little bit I found this email address:

dcrocker@crockermusic.com

Maybe it is worth a try?

Max
bicinium
active poster

Post by bicinium »

Thanks, I've sent an email!
coulonnus
active poster

Post by coulonnus »

The least I can do is to add this site to https://imslp.org/wiki/IMSLP:Sheet_Music_Projects. Feel free to change the comment but keep it short!