Mozart Horn Concerto

Specific copyright information. If you're not sure if you can upload your score, ask it here first

Moderators: kcleung, Copyright Reviewers

horndude77
active poster
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

Mozart Horn Concerto

Post by horndude77 »

The Mozart Horn Quintet that was uploaded recently contains a few scanned pages (for the horn part in f) from an unknown edition. It's not currently listed in the publisher information. It looks somewhat similar to the new mozart edition scores. It probably should be here.
horndude77
active poster

Post by horndude77 »

(I was on autopilot when I put "concerto" in the title.)

I was looking at the pdf again. The copyright, license and creator information have been removed which is not allowed by the license (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/).

I tend not to upload my typesets to IMSLP because they become out of date quickly. Also the lilypond source would not be included which allows someone else to transpose a part to do whatever they want to it.
Carolus
Site Admin
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Post by Carolus »

Hi Horndude, I tagged this as "permission granted" since you've uploaded other items which you've posted on Mutopia. My apologies for assuming this would be OK on IMSLP without first asking you. Should I take it down? The poster who uploaded it also uploaded another recent typeset with no attribution, so everything he posted is eligible for speedy deletion.
horndude77
active poster

Post by horndude77 »

If they are uploaded and follow the license I think it's fine that they stay. I don't have a problem with them being here per-se. I just don't want to try and keep them up-to-date and manage the page. I'd prefer to just keep mutopia updated.

With this particular pdf I think it should be removed since the identifying info has been removed and it contains a scan of another edition embedded in the middle (there is also a mistake in the violin part I still need to fix :) ).
pml
Copyright Reviewer

Post by pml »

Hi Horndude, Carolus,

I noticed the horn quintet was a Lilypond typeset so rushed over to Mutopia on suspicion I would find it there; sure enough I found the maintainer to be someone with a horndude-ish gmail address, so I assumed that there would be no huge objection to its presence here at IMSLP, and marked it C/C/C - I also noticed Carolus' note on the talk page for the uploader Ssellis, and mentioned it there. I should also have e-mailed or messaged you guys, but I was busy (and still am - I can usually only spend a little time per visit, as displacement tasks).

By the way I've subsequently had an e-mail from Shane Ellis and I've had a chance to explain to him some of the issues the copyright admin team face; I advised him to consult the list of composers and works represented on the wishlist (as these often indicate PD or non-PD status) and then post a list of composers and works here, to obtain some copyright advice before he uploads. I gather he has a number of scores that aren't already represented here.

Regards, Philip
--
PML (talk)
Carolus
Site Admin

Post by Carolus »

It has been taken down. Thanks for the info!