Rimsky-Korsakov's ''Mlada'' -- Night on Mt. Triglav

Specific copyright information. If you're not sure if you can upload your score, ask it here first

Moderators: kcleung, Copyright Reviewers

Lyle Neff
active poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Rimsky-Korsakov's ''Mlada'' -- Night on Mt. Triglav

Post by Lyle Neff »

Please reset the copyright status of this full score to PD; it is currently coded as "non-PD."

The link to the work page is this:When I uploaded this yesterday, I inadvertently put my own name in the "Publisher info." spot. It is corrected now to show Belaieff. sorry for the oversight.

Thanks in advance for fixing this.
Melodia
active poster

Post by Melodia »

And thank YOU for uploading on of my favorites....
Lyle Neff
active poster

Post by Lyle Neff »

Melodia wrote:And thank YOU for uploading on of my favorites....
Your welcome. I happened only yesterday to think of checking Harvard for any new digitizations done recently, and there it was.

I like the entire score of Mlada very much. Act III is much more effective with the voices, especially the chorus, in my humble opinion.
Carolus
Site Admin

Post by Carolus »

We cannot post items with the Google trademark here unless we have express permission in writing from Google to do so. That's why I tagged it Non-PD. However, since this is an important work to have in the archive, I removed all of the Google logos and have re-uploaded the file, which is now freely available. Pretty ironic that Google, itself under fire from several publisher associations for scanning library collections - even some possibly copyrighted material - is employing its trademarked logo to effectively claim a type of IP control on scans of public domain music.

Removal can be accomplished relatively easily with the full version of Acrobat plus the 3rd-party add-on called PitStop. Since there are a fair number of scores of this nature on Google Books, this could be a worthwhile community project. The scores themselves are clearly public domain, as are the scans. The Google logo is definitely not PD, and the metatags and other such items added by Google may be subject to some sort of protection as well (I used PitStop to strip out all of those, too).
Lyle Neff
active poster

Post by Lyle Neff »

In that case, Carolus, could you remove the Google logos from the Christmas Eve file that I uploaded the same day as Triglav? It's on this page:

http://imslp.org/wiki/Christmas_Eve_(Ri ... C_Nikolai)

(That's the same score -- with imprint and plate no. -- as what I scanned myself and uploaded several weeks ago from a Kalmus reprint.)

I have Acrobat 6.0, but not PitStop.
Carolus
Site Admin

Post by Carolus »

I'll get it cleaned up this weekend.