Beethoven - Hallelujah

Specific copyright information. If you're not sure if you can upload your score, ask it here first

Moderators: kcleung, Copyright Reviewers

Choralia
Site Admin
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Beethoven - Hallelujah

Post by Choralia »

Please note this topic: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2514. I've got a copy of a (supposedly) very old Novello score, but I have no much information about it, so I'm not sure it's eligible for being scanned and published at IMSLP. Can anybody help?

Max
Carolus
Site Admin

Re: Beethoven - Hallelujah

Post by Carolus »

The vast majority of the Novello Octavo series was in print by 1900. The Hallelujah (from Christus am Olberge) is almost certainly public domain worldwide. Post away, we'll let you know if it somehow is not free.

P.S. Do not post it under a separate title "Hallelujah" as it is taken from the oratorio mentioned above and should be added to that page.
Choralia
Site Admin

Post by Choralia »

Carolus wrote:P.S. Do not post it under a separate title "Hallelujah" as it is taken from the oratorio mentioned above and should be added to that page.
I haven't been able to locate such a page :( I tried using various keywords, but no joy. Can anybody help?

Max
Leonard Vertighel
Groundskeeper

Post by Leonard Vertighel »

I think it's the page Christus am Ölberge, Op.85 (Beethoven, Ludwig van) which Carolus just created for the purpose.
Choralia
Site Admin

Post by Choralia »

Yes, Carolus added a note on my talk page, so I got informed. The score is uploaded already. Thank you very much.

Max
horndude77
active poster
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

Post by horndude77 »

FYI, I changed the 300dpi grayscale jpeg pdf to a 600dpi b&w tiff pdf to make the file smaller.