Russian edition of WTC 1

Specific copyright information. If you're not sure if you can upload your score, ask it here first

Moderators: kcleung, Copyright Reviewers

worov
forum adept
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Russian edition of WTC 1

Post by worov »

Hi, everybody !

I've found a russian edition of WTC 1 on emule. I can't read russian, I don't know who is the editor, when it was edited. Is it under copyright ? It still seems like an interesting edition. There are some fingerings. I have uploaded the file here.

http://rapidshare.com/files/295057380/W ... n.pdf.html

Does a russian speaker or reader could tell me the name of the editor written on the first page ? Is it under copyright ?

Thank you.
frossi

Re: Russian edition of WTC 1

Post by frossi »

It is the Busoni edition.
I think it is not under copyright, but I am not sure.
worov
forum adept

Post by worov »

Thank you for your answer, frossi.
Carolus
Site Admin

Post by Carolus »

Muzgiz appears to have reprinted (sometimes re-egraved) the original Busoni editions, instead of the ones revised by Petri. They should be fair game unless one surfaces which happens to mention Petri. I am not sure whether the Petri revisions are for real, or if they are part of the little game played by German publishers of adding a new editor's name every 25 years (as the term for most editions there is 25 years after publication). Petri was Busoni's student, so they could represent genuine revisions. Perhaps one of our resident Busoni experts could help shed some light on this issue.