Copyrighted Typesets of Albéniz's Iberia

Specific copyright information. If you're not sure if you can upload your score, ask it here first

Moderators: kcleung, Copyright Reviewers

guifre
regular poster
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

Copyrighted Typesets of Albéniz's Iberia

Post by guifre »

Hello again!

I have come across some typesets of the first and second cahiers of Albéniz's Iberia. As the scans we have at the moment are horrible, I think it would be great to have a better version of that work. The thing is that they have been edited by a Luis Fernando Pérez, who is obviously alive, and they have many copyright notices.

However, this document has been published by Fundación Albéniz (related to the Spanish Ministry of Culture), and can be used freely (In fact the title of the webpage, Albéniz en Abierto, could be translated as Open Albéniz or Albéniz for free).

Then, can these scores be uploaded? Or maybe could we add a link to the page?

That place is:

http://www.classicalplanet.es/albenizenabierto/

Again, many thanks!
Choralia
Site Admin
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Re: Copyrighted Typesets of Albéniz's Iberia

Post by Choralia »

The "aviso legal" ("legal notice") on the website reads:
El usuario se compromete a respetar los derechos de Propiedad Intelectual e Industrial titularidad de la Fundación Albéniz. Podrá visualizar los elementos de las diferentes websites e incluso imprimirlos, copiarlos y almacenarlos en el disco duro de su ordenador o en cualquier otro soporte físico siempre y cuando sea, única y exclusivamente, para su uso personal y privado o para uso docente, y en ningún caso para fines comerciales.
So, only personal and private use is allowed, or for educational purposes. I think that uploading these scores on IMSLP requires authorization by the Fundación Albéniz.

Max
guifre
regular poster

Post by guifre »

Well, then I will link the work page to Fundación Albéniz
guifre
regular poster

Post by guifre »

And Thank you.
daphnis
Copyright Reviewer
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Post by daphnis »

The better solution is for new high-quality scans of Iberia to be made. Maybe, at some point, I'll add this to my list of things to scan.