Ravel - Prix de Rome Fugues.

Specific copyright information. If you're not sure if you can upload your score, ask it here first

Moderators: kcleung, Copyright Reviewers

guifre
regular poster
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

Ravel - Prix de Rome Fugues.

Post by guifre »

Hello!

I have found three 4-part fuges that Ravel composed for the Prix de Rome. They date from 1900-1905.

They are written in four staves, they have no phrasings nor dynamics, the engraving style seems to date from the 1970s, the tiltles are in French and there are no plate numbers.

Daphnis told me that all the scores by Ravel that could be uploaded to the IMSLP had already been submitted, but I would like to make sure they are not PD.

And as Ravel would say,

Merci Beaucoup!
daphnis
Copyright Reviewer
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Re: Ravel - Prix de Rome Fugues.

Post by daphnis »

I have these as well--I think I picked them up circulating around on the internet and have no idea of their source. Because of that, I would be hesitant to upload them.
pml
Copyright Reviewer
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Post by pml »

Their antiquity alone does not make them safe for upload - one of Berlioz’s extant Prix de Rome fugues from the 1820s was never published until the New Berlioz Edition (courtesy of IMSLP contributor David Gilbert) got around to it in the 1990s, which would be “unsafe” under Canada’s Editio Princeps rule.

Regards, Philip
--
PML (talk)
guifre
regular poster
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

Post by guifre »

All right!

Thank you.