St. Paul's Suite by Holst

Specific copyright information. If you're not sure if you can upload your score, ask it here first

Moderators: kcleung, Copyright Reviewers

maestro.bwhite
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

St. Paul's Suite by Holst

Post by maestro.bwhite »

I have a copy of the parts of St. Pauls that is a Curwen Edition, looks like a reprint, but states on the bottom "Copyright, USA renewed 1950." I was under the impression that St. Paul's was PD. If this is true I'd be happy to contribute these parts. Thoughts?
pml
Copyright Reviewer

Re: St. Paul's Suite by Holst

Post by pml »

US renewal of copyright usually occurred after 28 years, so the original copyright is presumably 1922, which means it would have expired by now. Safe to upload.

Cheers, Philip
--
PML (talk)
hosemeza

Post by hosemeza »

Greetings. Could you please help me with those parts. A conductor's student wants to work the piece with the orchestra I play, but for some reason its been quite hard to find them. Thanks! My e-mail is [email address deleted] if possible to send.
steltz
active poster

Post by steltz »

Dear Hosemeza:

We don't allow private file sharing here. The way this works is that if someone can scan the rest of the parts, they must upload to the site. That way files go through the correct copyright verification process, and once past that, then we all get to use them. Thanks.
bsteltz
hosemeza

Post by hosemeza »

Got it! Thanks!