Bach: 371 Chorals + Etudes d'anamorphoses.

Specific copyright information. If you're not sure if you can upload your score, ask it here first

Moderators: kcleung, Copyright Reviewers

Philippe Hézaine
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Bach: 371 Chorals + Etudes d'anamorphoses.

Post by Philippe Hézaine »

Hi,

Sorry if it's not the right forum, i'm a bit lost.
I have published the 371 Chorals engraved with Lilypond under a Free Art License, not a Creative Commons one.
May be this license is an issue for you?
You'll find all the information about the sources of typesetting in the Edition's Note at the end of the book.
By the way there is a second pdf titled: "Études d'anamorphoses: Les différentes versions d'un choral" under the same license.

All this stuff here:

http://superbonus.project.free.fr/spip.php?article48

Can I upload these works without problems?

Phil.
Carolus
Site Admin

Re: Bach: 371 Chorals + Etudes d'anamorphoses.

Post by Carolus »

Dear Philippe,

Could you tell us what the main features of the "free art license" are versus those of the Creative Commons? With the CC licenses, only free, non-commercial distribution and performances are permitted (under the non-commercial versions), while any derivative works or adaptations must be likewise made available as share-alike items (under the share alike versions). Proper attribution (credit) is required for all CC licenses.
Philippe Hézaine

Hi,

Instead of padding out this subject you'll find all the info in English here:

http://artlibre.org/licence/lal/en

As to the legal soundness of the free licenses, the LAL has the advantage
of being based on the Berne Convention, which harmonizes its
validity outside French territory. No need to adjust the license
according to the law of the country where it applies. This is not the case
for CC licenses.

Phil.
Philippe Hézaine

Can I upload these works without problems?

Hi,

Nobody for a response? Then there is a problem. But what is it?
I don't want to change the license. I'm currently building a package of all the chorales trancribed for GNU Solfege. The Free Art License is recommended (not mandatory though) by the Free Sofware Fondation for this kind of works like mine, then again, what is the problem of using it?

Kindly yours.
Phil.
Carolus
Site Admin

Post by Carolus »

Sorry for the tardiness of response here. Yes, I think you are free to upload the chorale typesets here. The closest equivalent we have available here is the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0, which is what you should use when uploading (as a typeset). Also include a link back to their site. We might include the Free Art License sometime in the future, but only the CC is available right now.
Philippe Hézaine

Hi,

Mmh... You're asking me to put my works under a double license. Right? I like imslp but I can't take this decision without any good argumentations.
Why I would add an another license without figuring out the advantages, besides the fact my works will be displayed on the site? Please, take a clear decision: Yes or No rather than: "It might be...", or (with extrapolation): "Compose with our licenses, we will see later", unless there are explanations for it. I'm really confused of your response. Do you agree?

With regards.
Phil.
KGill
Copyright Reviewer

Post by KGill »

IMSLP does not currently support the Free Art license, so your only alternative if you want to put it here is to have it listed under Creative Commons Attribution 3.0. Sorry, but there really isn't any other option at this point...
Philippe Hézaine

Hi,

OK. I was expecting you to get things moving deeper but I respect your choice.
However, at this point, "I keep my marbles" as I said when I was in the schoolyard. :-)

Cheers.
Phil.