Buxtehude Society scores

Specific copyright information. If you're not sure if you can upload your score, ask it here first

Moderators: kcleung, Copyright Reviewers

andrewt
regular poster
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

Buxtehude Society scores

Post by andrewt »

Hi, I found a few Buxtehude scores on the website of the International Dieterich Buxtehude Society. It looks like they are the editions Ton Koopman used in his recordings. Here is the text for those scores:
Ton Koopman has recorded the complete works by Buxtehude. He makes available sheet music from his productions to all friends of Buxtehude. Many thanks to him!
Also, for another work:
Roland Wilson has recorded the Abendmusik “Wacht! Euch zum Streit” for Sony Classical, with Musica fiata and La Cappella Ducale. The sheet music for that production has generously been made available for the public by him, many thanks for doing so! The music may be copied for personal use. Any public performance must however be registered by the GEMA or any equivalent national performing rights association.
Here is the web page: http://www.dieterich-buxtehude.org/down ... loads.html

I assume this grants permission to upload to IMSLP. Under what license should I upload them?
vinteuil
Groundskeeper

Re: Buxtehude Society scores

Post by vinteuil »

To be honest, I think the line "personal use" at least implicitly bans public distribution. We should most likely ask first.
Formerly known as "perlnerd666"
andrewt
regular poster

Post by andrewt »

Is there an IMSLP form letter for such purposes? Otherwise, I can just email them myself.
vinteuil
Groundskeeper

Post by vinteuil »

No form letter that I know of.
Formerly known as "perlnerd666"