Molter Clarinet concerti

Specific copyright information. If you're not sure if you can upload your score, ask it here first

Moderators: kcleung, Copyright Reviewers

kalliwoda
active poster
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

Molter Clarinet concerti

Post by kalliwoda »

The first printed edition of 4 of molters 6 clarinet concerti was in 1957 in Erbe der Deutschen Musik Vol.41, edited by Heinz Becker (1922-2006). This is a Urtext-Ausgabe, and the continuo realization seems pretty basic to me.
Could this be uploaded to complement the recent scans of the autograph scores from BLB Karlsruhe?

...at least there seems to be a somewhat shifting policy regarding continuo realizations recently, with some editions not considered to fall under the 70year rule for the editor (e.g. "Il pastor fido").
Carolus
Site Admin
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Re: Molter Clarinet concerti

Post by Carolus »

Nothing renewed in USA according to copyright office online database. There is indeed some confusion over the status of continuo realizations. The big German libraries appear to take the view that they fall within the 'urtext' provisions (Section 70) of the German law. I can see their point in many cases - where the realization consists of simple block chords that could have been done by any second-year university level music student. On the other hand, one encounters realizations where considerably more creative work has been done where it seems that it could be classified more as an arrangement than an edition. BTW, the fact that these concertos were published now means the manuscripts are free everywhere. If you (or anyone else) finds things where you disagree with the tagging, by all means let us know your disagreement - and why you think it is wrong. While I try to actually look at scores which are posted where there is a possible question about the copyright status, I don't look at all things by any means. The same is probably true of the rest of the CR team.