Goldberg variations russian edition

Specific copyright information. If you're not sure if you can upload your score, ask it here first

Moderators: kcleung, Copyright Reviewers

worov
forum adept
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Goldberg variations russian edition

Post by worov »

Hi, everyone !

I have found on the Internet an russian edition of the Goldberg variations (BWV 988) by J.S. Bach. I don't if it is public domain or not.

There is a preface in the first page of the PDF file. I think the preface is written by Leonid Isaakovich Roizman. I can't read Russian but the name of the author is written on the bottom of the page and it looks very much like the name of Roizman,as it appears in this edition of the Rahmaninoff's first concerto :
http://conquest.imslp.info/files/imglnk ... 1-2p4h.pdf

The edition also contains fingering and notes about ornamanemtation.

However I have no idea when the edition was first published. I only know that the NBA edition (published in 1977) is mentionned in the preface. This means that the mysterious edition is post-1977.

I don't know the publisher. I haven't found anything on the Internet about this edition. Could anybody help ?
Carolus
Site Admin

Re: Goldberg variations russian edition

Post by Carolus »

The is gets a little questionable. Was Roizman a state employee? We tend to be fairly lenient on editions issued by Muzyka - even those that are not urtext. Since Muzyka was a state-funded enterprise, a common position taken is that editions and arrangements produced by them are not protected because: 1) State works are generally held to be ineligible for copyright; and 2) the government that did this no longer exists. As long as it's really an edition and not an actual concert arrangement, it might be OK.
worov
forum adept

Re: Goldberg variations russian edition

Post by worov »

Hi, Carolus !

Thank you for your answer. I'll upload it.