Hindemith Ploner Musiktag Trio fur Blockfloten 2008 edition

Specific copyright information. If you're not sure if you can upload your score, ask it here first

Moderators: kcleung, Copyright Reviewers

Sallen112
active poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Hindemith Ploner Musiktag Trio fur Blockfloten 2008 edition

Post by Sallen112 »

I just got ahold of this 2008 "Die Neue Schott "Trio fur Blockfloten" edition and this is different edition from the reissued scores of 1960 already on the Ploner Musiktag page. In regards to copyright even though first performance is also equal, 1932 in this case, I doubt I will upload and scan this since the edition is so recent and could cause problems possibly down the road if I upload this edition because of this very recent copyright. Or is this piece acually a reprint? The only thing that would be a cause of violation is the preface was written by a Gieselher Schubert (born 1944). In the score itself though, I don't see any editor on this page. So I would just like an opinion on this. I know I went though this kind of thing before but I need to be absolutely sure.

Here is the exact edition I got: http://www.schott-music.com/shop/1/show,232340.html
KGill
Copyright Reviewer

Re: Hindemith Ploner Musiktag Trio fur Blockfloten 2008 edit

Post by KGill »

From the sample pages it appears to be a new engraving, not a reprint. We actually have a voluntary self-restriction wherein no new publication dating to within the last 25 years may be uploaded (unless we have permission obviously), so regardless of its actual Canadian copyright status, it cannot appear on IMSLP for quite some time.
Sallen112
active poster

Re: Hindemith Ploner Musiktag Trio fur Blockfloten 2008 edit

Post by Sallen112 »

Right my thought exactly. The ones on the main workpage I think are the original engraving most likely while this is a new engraving. Thanks for the input!