Dances from the XIII centuries to J. S. Bach

Specific copyright information. If you're not sure if you can upload your score, ask it here first

Moderators: kcleung, Copyright Reviewers

LAGW87
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Dances from the XIII centuries to J. S. Bach

Post by LAGW87 »

Hi!

I have a small brochure that has 19 pieces:
  • ROYAL DANCE (DUCTIA), France, XIII Century, Manuscript Paris, Bibliothèque Nationale, f.fr. 844
  • TROTTO, Italy, 14th century, London Manuscript (London, British Library, Additional 29987), fol. 62v
  • "GERMAN DANCE" (XV century) from now on, I have not yet located the sources of each piece
  • DANZA ALTA (Fernando de la Torre, Cancionero del Palacio)
  • Gallarda (16th century)
  • Princely Dance and Proportz (16th century)
  • Two dances by Tielman Susato (Not identified by Graetzer!)
  • Other pieces by Gervaise, Hans Weck (who is? Germany 16th century), Nörminger, Froberger, Couperin, J. Fischer, Corelli, J.C.F. Fischer, Rameau, and J.S. Bach
The specimen was edited by Guillermo Graetzer and has Ricordi Americana catalog number BA 12238, Argentina copyrighted 1963.

The point is that I am an advanced user of Musescore and I want to copy it to be able to distribute it. Even my intention is to make more than one edition: one that is as original as possible to the Graetzer edition (although I am adding the sources, as you will have seen and I am going to delete an Spanish ground that it has, because it is redundant with the part of the keyboard), so that it may be preserved and disseminated, and another edition adapted for a viola consort, transcribing the recorder part and suppressing the keyboard part.

Regarding the second edition, I don't think I have major problems because, although I follow Graetzer's structure, they would already be my instrumentation of Public Domain works. The problem would be the first edition, the one similar to the original. However, I did add Attaignant's La Brosse. About the first edition, I ask: By what percentage, should my edition be different from Graetzer's so that there would be no copyright problems? We clarify that the problem does not go to the music itself, since they are all works in the Public Domain, nor to Graetzer's own edition, of which I have no intention of scanning and uploading it as is, but I am doing it in Musescore right from the start.

Thanks for your comments. Please forgive me for any errors related to my command of the English language.