General help on the Wiki

Moderators: kcleung, Wiki Admins

KGill
Copyright Reviewer
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Old file version removal

Post by KGill »

For all of my own compositions on IMSLP (under http://imslp.org/wiki/Category:Gill,_Kenneth_J.), I had originally thought that the fastest way to get them in PDF form would be to actually scan the printouts. Soon, I realized that I could take screenshots of Finale and assemble them. Yesterday, I FINALLY learned what a PDF printer is, and today used one to save all three of my works on IMSLP to PDFs and upload them. Unfortunately, this rather thickheaded learning process has left several unnecessary files of poor quality on the server. Since the new files are FAR superior, could a sysop please be so kind as to delete only the old ones (the ones not marked 'high quality') (for all three of the works found in the above link)? (I would have used the 'delete' template, but that would have resulted in the complete eradication of the piece, and I didn't feel like re-uploading everything and etc.)
Carolus
Site Admin

Re: Old file version removal

Post by Carolus »

Actually, you appear to have successfully replaced your old files, making any deletions un-necessary. All I had to do was re-tag the items for copyright status, which is certainly no big deal.
KGill
Copyright Reviewer

Re: Old file version removal

Post by KGill »

Ah. I looked at the URLs to the old files, and they included the folder 'archive', so I assumed that files were backed up somewhere as a measure against vandalism. Unless only the original uploader can upload a new version?
In any case, thanks.