This Account Has Been Suspended

General help on the Wiki

Moderators: kcleung, Wiki Admins

StormStryke

Post by StormStryke »

Maybe this is a problem affecting everyone, but whenever I try to open pdf files on IMSLP I receive a 'This Account Has Been Suspended' message after agreeing to the disclaimer. It also says 'Please contact the billing/support department as soon as possible.' Any ideas why or how to fix it? I tried changing my IP address ...
Matthieu
Copyright Reviewer

Post by Matthieu »

Same for me
Generoso
active poster

Post by Generoso »

I get the same message each time I try to download a pdf file. It reads:

Please contact the billing/support department as soon as possible.

What can we do to help?
macki

Post by macki »

I got also that message when i tried to download a pdf file. I don't know why it's happening. Please help !
Yagan Kiely
Site Admin
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

Post by Yagan Kiely »

Sounds like a problem with the host (I get it too).
ras1
active poster

Post by ras1 »

Looks like everything has started working again. What happened?
imslp
Site Admin

Post by imslp »

The host did not like the fact that IMSLP was using 70GB/day of bandwidth and saturating all their server connections. I don't blame them too much (except for the fact that they pulled the account the day immediately after I paid the next month's fees, which does irritate me somewhat), as it was a shared hosting account, and this is to be somewhat expected. Which is the reason why I sent out that notice at the top of the page asking for mirrors, because what I had was a temporary solution and I wanted to switch to a permanent one during the time it offered us.

Unfortunately the time was was not enough, and we will be going through some turbulent waters for the next few days as I search for a permanent solution. This means that IMSLP downloads may be slow until I find another mirror. But it should hopefully be resolved well within a week.