General help on the Wiki

Moderators: kcleung, Wiki Admins

aldona
active poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Trouble uploading Sibley files...

Post by aldona »

I have made several attempts at importing the Fesca Quartet No. 1 for Flute & Strings, Op.37 (4 files) from Sibley.

First, there were illegal symbols in the filenames and so I saved them to my own computer under alternative filenames.

Then, I have tried several times to upload them but each time the upload stalls after about 30-60 minutes and the "add multiple files" page resets itself.

Files too large? (example: flute part = 27MB) Or is it my computer again? (husband has just done a big defrag and clean-up so I tried again -still no go.)

Any ideas?

Aldona
“all great composers wrote music that could be described as ‘heavenly’; but others have to take you there. In Schubert’s music you hear the very first notes, and you know that you’re there already.” - Steven Isserlis
jfarrington
active poster
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

Re: Trouble uploading Sibley files...

Post by jfarrington »

Items scanned in recent months by our Special Collections department have been coming as uncompressed tiffs embedded in the pdfs, making the file sizes much larger. We've been trying to work with them to make more reasonable-sized scans. Sorry for the difficulties.
Jim
Peter
Site Admin
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Post by Peter »

I think the script needs updating to the new UR Research website layout as I get errors now.
jfarrington
active poster

Post by jfarrington »

This might have something to do with our new software. Whereas we had been using DSpace for our institutional repository, we are now using a platform called IR+ that we developed. Handle.net URLs should still resolve correctly, but there may be some other things that don't quite match up with the IMSLP uploading script.
Jim
imslp
Site Admin

Post by imslp »

This is now fixed. See IMSLP:Changelog for details. IMSLP still uses the handle.net 1802/xxxx handle.
jfarrington
active poster

Post by jfarrington »

I'm glad it's fixed, but the hdl.handle.net/1802/* addresses should all still resolve to the right place. If there is a problem, please let me know. Thanks.
Jim
imslp
Site Admin

Post by imslp »

No problems as of yet. Congratulations on the new site!