General help on the Wiki

Moderators: kcleung, Wiki Admins

allegroamabile
active poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Help Adding Media to Forums

Post by allegroamabile »

Is there a way to add small audio files onto forum posts for classical music discussion, etc.?

your friend, allegroamabile
Lyle Neff
active poster

Re: Help Adding Media to Forums

Post by Lyle Neff »

It might be better just to upload the file to a storage service and then including the link to the file in your forum posting.
"A libretto, a libretto, my kingdom for a libretto!" -- Cesar Cui (letter to Stasov, Feb. 20, 1877)
Yagan Kiely
Site Admin
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

Post by Yagan Kiely »

I've said it before, but I don't like services like rapidshare (etc.). They have adverts, they make you go at their site (etc.). I still like Dropbox, you can put it in the public folder and it just goes from there. Here's a link if you want.
Lyle Neff
active poster

Post by Lyle Neff »

The limit of 2GB total storage allowance in Dropbox is unworkable for some users.
"A libretto, a libretto, my kingdom for a libretto!" -- Cesar Cui (letter to Stasov, Feb. 20, 1877)
Yagan Kiely
Site Admin
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

Post by Yagan Kiely »

It's enough to host some mp3s of you playing a piece though. Obviously, there are many reasons why others are better, but for the reason mentioned, I see no problem.
Carolus
Site Admin

Post by Carolus »

I wonder if we should consider adding a server devoted to hosting audio files from our own contributors (like Lyle's additions)? It would have to be strictly limited to items recorded by the contributors themselves, but the plus would be easy linking directly to the sound files themselves instead of a link to another site where the file can be accessed or downloaded only by going through ads, etc.