PDF Download problem (Schubert String Quintet)

General help on the Wiki

Moderators: kcleung, Wiki Admins

ANDRONICUS
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

PDF Download problem (Schubert String Quintet)

Post by ANDRONICUS »

SCHUBERT STRING QUINTET D956 ALL SCORES ONLINE AT IMSLPF EXCEPT THE ALLEGRO OPENING MOVEMENT ARE DEFECTIVE AND CANNOT BE OPENED. THIS INCLUDES BOTH COPIES OF THE COMPLETE SCORE AND THE 3 SUCCESSIVE MOVEMENTS AFTER THE ALLEGRO IN THE INDIVIDUAL MOVEMENT SCORES. CAN SOMEONE CORRECT THIS SITUATION? :(
kalliwoda
active poster
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

Re: SCHUBERT STRING QUINTET D956

Post by kalliwoda »

Hey, no need to shout!
I have no idea, why you have problems with these files, they open all fine, even with an old Acrobat 5.
Did you get an aborted downlaod (check file size)?
ANDRONICUS

Post by ANDRONICUS »

Have you tried opening these files yourself? With the exception of the Allegro movement all files are termed defective by my Acrobat Reader version 9 (newest version); they cannot be opened. Do a trial opening of the complete score or of the Adagio movement etc. and then let me know what I have to do to open them if you have successfully opened them yourself. :)
daphnis
Copyright Reviewer

Post by daphnis »

I was successfully able to view all 4 movements in Firefox (3.5.4) with the Acrobat Pro 9.2 plugin.
Leonard Vertighel
Groundskeeper

Post by Leonard Vertighel »

I tested the Complete Score #02435 and it works perfectly for me. Adobe Reader 9.1 on Linux.

Are you using Internet Explorer 6 or 7? There is a FAQ entry on the wiki about a problem with those browsers.
http://imslp.org/wiki/IMSLP:FAQ#What_do ... _or_IE7.3F
vinteuil
Groundskeeper
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

Post by vinteuil »

Confirm that all files on this page work.
I uploaded the better complete score scan (gutenberg)...I know it works.
Formerly known as "perlnerd666"
ANDRONICUS

Post by ANDRONICUS »

THANK YOU ALL! Thank you: Kalliwoda, Daphnis, Leonard Vertighel, Perlnerd666 for all your suggestions. The problem was the internet connection. I changed the connection to Firefox and the files opened easily. I haven't used the IMSLP site very often, so I thought the problem was with the files, now with Firefox I am again in the flow of the music. I can't tell you how happy I am to follow Schubert's String Quintet with the score; the Adagio movement is exquiste. I am moved to write something similar with the grace of God. Excuse all the distrubance and thanks again. ANDRONICUS (TUSCANY, ITALY) :D
Leonard Vertighel
Groundskeeper

Post by Leonard Vertighel »

You're welcome. By the way, if you are interested, we also have an Italian language section on the forums:
viewforum.php?f=18