Moderators: kcleung, Wiki Admins

aldona
active poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Mendelssohn - Ruy Blas overture (Op.95)

Post by aldona »

Hello Admins,

I have just imported the 2-piano (4 hands) reduction of Mendelssohn's "Ruy Blas" overture from Sibley, but somehow it managed to get through twice. Could I please ask one of you to delete the extra copy.

Thank you,

Aldona
“all great composers wrote music that could be described as ‘heavenly’; but others have to take you there. In Schubert’s music you hear the very first notes, and you know that you’re there already.” - Steven Isserlis
Carolus
Site Admin

Re: Mendelssohn - Ruy Blas overture (Op.95)

Post by Carolus »

Already fixed. Thanks for keeping the Sibley Project up to date!
aldona
active poster

Post by aldona »

Thanks once again for your help.

Sorry it's been so intermittent. If I don't know enough about a work or composer to make a semi-intelligent attempt at adding information, I leave it alone for others more knowledgeable than I to upload.

At the moment I seem to be going through a phase of hunting for photos of composers (especially when my time online is limited).

Aldona
“all great composers wrote music that could be described as ‘heavenly’; but others have to take you there. In Schubert’s music you hear the very first notes, and you know that you’re there already.” - Steven Isserlis
Carolus
Site Admin

Post by Carolus »

Thanks also for all those composer portraits. A useful source you might consider for "mining" for those would be the Ditson collections issued ca.1910 - both those of a single composer and multiple composers. They frequently include engravings of portraits which reproduce very well when excerpted. They also include some of the more obscure figures.