General help on the Wiki

Moderators: kcleung, Wiki Admins

Peterdyson49
forum adept
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

captcha picture answer incorrect

Post by Peterdyson49 »

I have just tried to upload a score but it tells me each time that the captcha picture answer is incorrect... returns me back to the page but it says the score is already uploaded. The page concerned is PMLP132687-Peter_Dyson_2010_Leningrad_Landscapes.pdf. So I am not clear what I am doing wrong!! I can add up!!! Was I successful or not?

Peter Dyson
pml
Copyright Reviewer

Re: captcha picture answer incorrect

Post by pml »

Captcha occasionally seems to get confused itself with regard to drawing plus and minus signs correctly!

The file is up, so you don't need to upload it again. When you go to add a file to your works page, there is a link you can click on if the file is already up on the server.

Where it says "Use this form for pseudoURLs and files already uploaded" click on "this form".

That takes you to a version of the work info page where you only need paste in the file name, PMLP132687-Peter_Dyson_2010_Leningrad_Landscapes.pdf, instead of the server automatically asking you to upload a file. You still have to fill out the boring details like copyright, a description of the file, etc.

Clear as mud? If it asks you to select a file to upload, or if there's a "Browse" button beside the file name, then you're on the wrong page...
--
PML (talk)
KGill
Copyright Reviewer

Post by KGill »

I think this is starting to happen quite often. I'm noticing more and more submissions by new users ending up as orphaned files. Maybe it was somehow caused by the recent maintenance?
Carolus
Site Admin

Post by Carolus »

I've had a couple of reports of this problem also. One comes from a fairly experienced user who started uploading his editions here a month or so back.
Avianne

Post by Avianne »

yeah atm i've got 3 or so files floating around that won't upload.
Peterdyson49
forum adept

Post by Peterdyson49 »

Sorry to bother you again...Same problem.... takes me to the Signature page and after I complete it, takes me back to the page before with the same error message. Tried adding a new piece:File:PMLP133018-Peter Dyson 2006 Listen With Mother.pdf same result and for good measure a sound file to File:PMLP133018-2006 Listen With Mother.mp3... again same problem. I wonder if it is interference from google or yahoo toolbars!

Additiional thought... is there something special about "signature"... or do I just type in my name
Peter
pml
Copyright Reviewer

Post by pml »

Hi Peter,

I see the problem. If you want, send me a personal message with the information that needs to go into the page for each of your works, and I'll see if I can get the files to appear (as I'm not bothered by Captcha).

Regards, Philip
--
PML (talk)
walkertron5000

Post by walkertron5000 »

I'm having the exact same problem. I try to upload a score, enter the captcha, get directed to signature page, then once I sign I'm told the captcha was wrong. Repeat ad-nauseam. It's very frustrating. :/
Peterdyson49
forum adept

Post by Peterdyson49 »

Still having this problem with the next set of files... and for good measure because I am using the old form (because the files are there on the server) it is telling me it is not a pdf file or an mp3 file... when the file extension is shown correctly on the file name ( cut and pasted from my contributions page so the format is correct. I wondered whether my toolbars were interfering . (ISMLP is on my favourites bar) so tried entering directly and not via clicking the toolbar... and for good measure used both Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox but that did not make any difference. An interesting problem if somewhat frustrating!
pml
Copyright Reviewer

Post by pml »

Hopefully this will go away once you're an autoconfirmed user - in the meantime you probably need a few more edits under your belt ;-)

I'm just heading to bed, I'll have a look at adding your new files if someone else hasn't done so before I get to them.

PML
--
PML (talk)
imslp
Site Admin

Post by imslp »

1. Regarding the captcha problem: this seems to be some sort of bug and not something new users should live with. I will investigate and fix it asap.

2. Regarding bad file extensions, can you paste the filename that you entered into the form on this forum? Also, can you try submitting without the "File:" prefix? That prefix is not part of the file name.
Peterdyson49
forum adept

Post by Peterdyson49 »

Dear Admin...
Five files stuck in the system.
Interestingly the captcha works from the form to the second form,... then it thinks for a long time before offering the Signature Page! And then when you subkit that one the error merrage appears on secord form page.

I do hope you crack the problem...

Best wishes,

Peter

File:PMLP134146-2004 The Fox.pdf ‎
File:PMLP134138-Testimony Five Statements by String Quartet Full Score.pdf ‎
File:PMLP134136-Peter Dyson STONE complete score.pdf ‎
File:PMLP133590-Peter Dyson 1996 Three Inventions.mp3 ‎
File:PMLP133590-Peter Dyson 1996 Three Inventions.pdf ‎
pml
Copyright Reviewer

Post by pml »

Hi Peter,

they're now headlining on the main page (IMSLP # 66190 through to 66194), and just need a few more details filled in from you - numbers of pages in the score, that sort of thing ;-)

Regards, Philip
--
PML (talk)
Peterdyson49
forum adept

Post by Peterdyson49 »

Brilliant, thanks a million... I have accessed the pages and added the missing information... and in the process of doing five entries the captcha picture disappeared so it looks like I am through this barrier... I will try uploading another score later today to make sure.
Thank you once again for your help. This such a marvellous resource. Peter
edknollys

Post by edknollys »

I'm trying to upload more of my own scores this morning and have only succeeded in creating one new work page before the "captcha picture answer incorrect" and "captcha problem" error messages have halted any further progress. I think I have a floating file: PMLP510215-Flt_Vla_Hrp_Sonata_Op8.pdf but after the first request the captcha hasn't appeared on any upload pages despite giving me the error message. On other sites I use which include captcha they do at least seem to give you the option of trying a new captcha each time it doesn't work. I seem to be stuck but will perhaps try again later today.