Impossible to register to IMSLP!

General help on the Wiki

Moderators: kcleung, Wiki Admins

zvuk
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Impossible to register to IMSLP!

Post by zvuk »

This is crazy! It is *impossible* to create an account on IMSPL. The captcha is always 5 characters long while it is only possible to type 4 characters in the edit box. How did all you guys register??
[EDIT (perlnerd666): Title]
BKhon

Re: Impossible to register to IMSLP!

Post by BKhon »

The captcha is five characters long, but you're not supposed to actually type in the numbers/symbols. The process is actually adding or subtracting the numbers. (e.g. for 5 + 3 - 2, you would type in 6, not the actual captcha) ;). The reason we have the captcha (like most websites accepting posts from other members) is to prevent spam. Eventually that will go away though, if you contribute to the site enough ;) Good luck making the account,

BKhon
zvuk

Post by zvuk »

Thank you!
What an embarrassment to be a Croat! No more! I quit! I'm going right now to Tools/Options/Content/Languages in Firefox on all my computers to drag Croatian to the bottom of the list.
Of course I know what captcha is and its purpose. I've even seen such captchas where you must enter the sum. But there on the page stands explicitly:
"... trebate unijeti slova koja vidite na slici ..."
which literally means:
"... you must enter the characters you see on the picture ..."
Last edited by zvuk on Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
pml
Copyright Reviewer

Post by pml »

Obviously the Croat translation of the "Captcha" text is wrong. I wonder how many other of these translations are equally bad! :-(

Regards, PML
--
PML (talk)