General help on the Wiki

Moderators: kcleung, Wiki Admins

steltz
active poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Beethoven, 5 Canons, WoO 181

Post by steltz »

In tagging this, it turns out that only one of the 5 are from WoO 181 (which Grove Music lists as having only 3 anyway). The others are from Hess 263, or 264, then WoO 195, WoO 164, and WoO 174.

I would like to move them to a page called 5 Canons. Any objections/other ideas?
bsteltz
pml
Copyright Reviewer

Re: Beethoven, 5 Canons, WoO 181

Post by pml »

It sounds like too much trouble to either split them to individual work pages, or to include all 5 numbers in the title, so I suggest just going with "5 Canons".

Regards, PML
--
PML (talk)
steltz
active poster

Post by steltz »

In order to avoid a redirect, I have created a new page, "5 Canons" and copied the file there. Could one of the moderators just double check that all is OK, and delete the old one, "5 Canons, WoO 181"? Thanks.
bsteltz
KGill
Copyright Reviewer

Post by KGill »

Why avoid a redirect? They exist for a reason...anyway, done.
On another note, would it perhaps be preferable to have five separate pages, each with a different catalogue number, and copy the file (or limited portions of it) to each? As it stands now, it's not possible at all to tell from the page title what works are included in the set.
steltz
active poster

Post by steltz »

I think it would be preferable, but I don't have the ability to split PDFs, so if someone could, then the page title could include the WoO number.

Re: redirects -- I seem to remember in some post somewhere that someone thought they were to be avoided, but I can't remember exactly what they thought the complication was.
bsteltz