New category "editorial works"

General help on the Wiki

Moderators: kcleung, Wiki Admins

Notenschreiber
active poster

New category "editorial works"

Post by Notenschreiber »

There are categories "score edited by..." and there is a list of all editorial works, but no category "editorial works".
If you choose a composer page, it is possible via category walker to show the workpages of this composer edited
by a special editor, but I can´t find a way to show all workpages with edited works at once, like the workpages with
manuscripts. Is it possible to introduce a category "editorial works", which contains the same Information as the above
mentioned list of all editorial works, but which can be used in category walker?
Last edited by Notenschreiber on Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Davydov
Copyright Reviewer
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Re: New category "editorial works"

Post by Davydov »

Hi Notenschrieber. Feldmahler is actually working now on something that will solve this problem. Seee this thread for more details.
pml
Copyright Reviewer
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Re: New category "editorial works"

Post by pml »

Actually, the work done in the other thread is on something of a tangent to the thrust of this request. However, a small amendment to the {{LinkEd}} template, to add an extra category, [[Category:Editorial works]], would have the desired effect once the change propogates through all of the affected work pages.

I’m wondering if those who are more intimately knowledgeable about the Category Walker would have an opinion on whether this is the preferred way to proceed. For example, the way that performances and performers’ pages intersect with the general collection of pages is set up quite elegantly, complete with links in the left hand margin for browsing performers and composers with recordings. (This is just to say that I don’t want to implement something that turns out to be a half-hearted solution.)

Cheers PML
--
PML (talk)