General help on the Wiki

Moderators: kcleung, Wiki Admins

steltz
active poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Hahn, 5 petite chansons

Post by steltz »

This work has a French translator, since the original poetry was in English. The translator is correctly listed in the edition section. However, the translator doesn't appear at the bottom of the page, and hence, won't appear in any lists for his translations.

I can't figure out why this isn't showing. Any ideas?
bsteltz
Davydov
Copyright Reviewer

Re: Hahn, 5 petite chansons

Post by Davydov »

Hmm, not straightforward this one, but:

1) The system needs the {{LinkLib}} and {{LinkTr}} templates to recognise librettists and translators respectively, which is why the names weren't showing up in the category list at the bottom of the page. I've put these in so you can see how they can be used.

2) The Library of Congress lists this work under the English title "(5) Little Songs", but the first edition (which is online) was published in English and French (with the English given first). This implies that Hahn set the songs to the English text, and a French translation was added later, but that isn't necessarily the case.

3) In the circumstances I've moved the translator's name to the general information box, along with Stephenson's, so that the Léna receives joint credit as librettist for the whole work, and not just for the edition.

4) The whole work has been moved to "5 Little Songs", which is the title on the 1st edition, followed by the Library of Congress.
daphnis
Copyright Reviewer

Post by daphnis »

2. & 4.) I used the name as given in the list of works provided by the Grove article. Feel free to, as you have already done, move about as appropriate.
Pingo_81

Post by Pingo_81 »

I want to say that I also used the name as given in the list of works provided by the Grove article. I like it a lot...