General help on the Wiki

Moderators: kcleung, Wiki Admins

Massenetique
Copyright Reviewer
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Is the server down?

Post by Massenetique »

I haven't been able to connect to imslp today ... i'm assuming the server is down, but i don't see any reference to the problem on the forums ...
Will W W
regular poster
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

Unable to access imslp.org

Post by Will W W »

Hi everyone,

I just got back home and found out I cannot access the IMSLP Intro page or wiki (basically, http://imslp.org/*). Both Firefox and IE8 gave "Server not found" error. Opening a link from existing IMSLP Wiki page in a new tab results in 404 Not Found, with the new tab redirected to http://www.imslp.org/wiki/*.

I tried with another computer in the same network, and had the same problem. No problems accessing any other websites as far as I can tell. Checked with "Down For Everyone Or Just Me" and saw that imslp.org is online. No problems with imslp forums or journal (I had to google imslp forums/journal to access them, as the main page wouldn't load).

What might be the problem? There was a hugh storm last night that knocked out our tv cable and internet for 6+ hours, but I don't think that is the cause, as I was able to access the wiki after internet was restored. Also, this problem appears to be a global effect, as multiple browsers and computers are affected. As I was hoping to finish translating a particular wiki page today, I hope this problem can be resolved soon. Any ideas welcome. Thank you!
If a composition has an awesome horn part...
... it is definitely a good piece!
KGill
Copyright Reviewer

Re: Is the server down?

Post by KGill »

Yes, I cannot connect either, although I could this morning (that was about 12 hours ago now). Perhaps there was a spike in traffic today? Hopefully Feldmahler will address this soon...
[EDIT] Merged the two topics :)
Massenetique
Copyright Reviewer

Re: Unable to access imslp.org

Post by Massenetique »

I cannot connect either
Will W W
regular poster

Post by Will W W »

Better merge them again - Massenetique just replied to my thread.
What are the chances that we posted about the same problem at the same time, and that a reply was posted just after the merger? =P

Anyway, I hope this problem will be resolved soon!
Massenetique
Copyright Reviewer

Post by Massenetique »

I think that's exactly what happened Will WW ;) ... hope the issue is resolved soon too, got some work to do!
Carolus
Site Admin

Post by Carolus »

See my announcement in the main announcements section. We are under attack by the British MPA.
Will W W
regular poster

Post by Will W W »

There are many things I want to say right now, the least of which is "your mother was a hamster and your father smelled of elderberries"! Thank you British MPA =/