General help on the Wiki

Moderators: kcleung, Wiki Admins

Ravpapa
regular poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Neophyte seeks direction

Post by Ravpapa »

I created a new composer category called "Folk songs (Jewish and Hebrew)" and added three works, string quartet arrangements of Jewish folksongs from the Holocaust, arranged by myself.

No I look and I do not see either the category nor the works.

Have I done something wrong?

Thanks,

Ravpapa
steltz
active poster

Re: Neophyte seeks direction

Post by steltz »

Caching may be the problem -- sometimes it takes about 3 days for new information to become available to everyone, and also am under the impression that you need to be logged in to see your latest changes. When you re-checked, were you logged in?

[Edit] I see the paged has been moved to Folk Songs (Jewish). Try here: http://imslp.org/wiki/Ani_Maamin_(Folk_ ... nd_Hebrew)
bsteltz
Ravpapa
regular poster

Post by Ravpapa »

It seems okay now, thanks. But I have another problem. I wanted the category to appear under "0" along with the other folksong categories. How do I do this? Thanks Ravpapa
steltz
active poster

Post by steltz »

Fixed, but I need to know if the wording is what you want. The blue box at the top, that explains who can be uploaded there, for the other folksong categories says, for example, "This category is used for . . . Folk Songs with unknown composers." Not all of them have this explanation box, but they probably should -- a song with a known composer needs to be filed under that person's name.

I have put "This category is used for Jewish Folk Songs or Hebrew Folk Songs with unknown composers."

Please look at the page and tell if it's OK?
bsteltz