Having trouble downloading PDFs

General help on the Wiki

Moderators: kcleung, Wiki Admins

doktorWong
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Having trouble downloading PDFs

Post by doktorWong »

Whenever I try to download any of the PDF's, I get a corrupted 24 kb pdf file. The files I'm trying to download are listed under public domain... Is there any reason for this?

I'm on Windows XP, using Firefox 6.0
kalliwoda
active poster
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

Re: Having trouble downloading PDFs

Post by kalliwoda »

Only 24k?
I guess, you immediately tried to specify a place on your HD, but the first time you log in, there is (was?) still another copyright reminder page and then you can download ...
This page does not recur if you download more than 1 file in a session.
daphnis
Copyright Reviewer

Post by daphnis »

Are you trying to right-click and 'save as' or are you trying to view in Firefox with a PDF plugin? If the former, kalliwoda is probably right. If the latter, what software are you using for your PDF viewer?
doktorWong

Post by doktorWong »

So here's a random page..

http://imslp.org/wiki/Nocturne_oubli%C3 ... 3%A9ric%29

clicking the down arrow does nothing. Clicking the number next to it lets me download a PDF file, which is like 20ish kb.

I use a plugin called PDF downloader, which only pops up when a PDF is about to be downloaded, giving me the choice to open the file in Firefox, or save it to my HD.
daphnis
Copyright Reviewer

Post by daphnis »

No problems here. File size is 675,018 bytes and PDF version 1.0. Try again using the official Acrobat plugin supplied with the app. Often times, those third party plugins are questionable.
doktorWong

Post by doktorWong »

Try the official Acrobat plugin? Which one, and to do what? I don't even have Acrobat installed, I'm running sumatra PDF...
daphnis
Copyright Reviewer

Post by daphnis »

doktorWong

Post by doktorWong »

Got another question.

Haven't been able to get adobe reader to work yet, but i disabled my pdf plugin.

Is the down arrow is supposed to be how one typically downloads the sheet music? I noticed that mousing over the number next to the arrow shows a link to a pdf, so I click that, and just save as.

Either way, neither of them work. Firefox simply saves the file as a 22~ kb file..
daphnis
Copyright Reviewer

Post by daphnis »

You click on the blue link, for example "Complete Score", or the down arrow. Both go to the sample place. Clicking the file number goes to the wiki file management page. Clearly, something is wrong with your setup or Firefox installation. Have you tried another browser?
doktorWong

Post by doktorWong »

I got it all to work for a little while, but now i'm trying to download something ELSE and I'm having problems.

Gonna try another browsers. Currently don't have PDF downloader enabled on firefox