Moderators: kcleung, Wiki Admins

coulonnus
active poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Help about Bach-BWV1007 imslp page please

Post by coulonnus »

The page http://imslp.org/index.php?title=6_Cell ... ion=submit
has strange repeats of the same stuff after I uploaded the corresponding WIMA material. Can a reviewer have a look please?
Davydov
Copyright Reviewer

Re: Help about Bach-BWV1007 imslp page please

Post by Davydov »

It looks like when you edited the page in an external program (e.g. Notepad), and then pasted the new text underneath the old version, leaving two copies. I think I've fixed it, but have a look to make sure.

Incidentally, when Werner Icking was the arranger of the piece, could you change "|Editor={{LinkEd|Werner|Icking}}" to read "Arranger={{LinkArr|Werner|Icking}}", or this won't appear correctly on his category page. And in the publisher field, can you use "{{LinkName|Werner|Icking}}" instead of "{{LinkEd|Werner|Icking}}", which will again be misinterpreted by our automated system. Thanks .
coulonnus
active poster

Post by coulonnus »

Sorry, but the three Icking scores are not parts or a Piano trio, nor are they parts of a String trio. The Cello part is one more Complete Score. The Viola and Violin parts belong to "Arrangements and Transcriptions".

I made an "Upload from external sources"=WIMA and then attempted to edit the page and put things at the right place.

I think I did this correctly for this similar page: http://imslp.org/wiki/6_Violin_Sonatas_ ... Sebastian)
Davydov
Copyright Reviewer

Post by Davydov »

You might find it easier to upload the original versions separately from the arrangements, as there's less editing that way. See if it's OK now, and I've also fixed the problems on the BWV 1001-1006 page, where the sub-headings had been edited incorrectly. These are read automatically by our categorization system, so it's very important that the syntax is right :)
coulonnus
active poster

Post by coulonnus »

Davydov wrote:You might find it easier to upload the original versions separately from the arrangements, as there's less editing that way. See if it's OK now,
Yes it is.
Davydov wrote: and I've also fixed the problems on the BWV 1001-1006 page, where the sub-headings had been edited incorrectly.
How comes the Icking set of 6 shows up below Dörffel's set of six independant suites uploaded by shikamoo? It should be right below Carmar1791's Complete Score.
Davydov wrote: These are read automatically by our categorization system, so it's very important that the syntax is right :)
I guess I'm the only WIMA project contributor who contributes to such already existing imslp pages :-) I welcome your additionnal documention to http://imslp.org/wiki/IMSLP:WIMA The next score I plan to upload is http://imslp.org/wiki/Die_Kunst_der_Fug ... Sebastian) and it could be still more complicated :)
Davydov
Copyright Reviewer

Post by Davydov »

coulonnus wrote:How comes the Icking set of 6 shows up below Dörffel's set of six independant suites uploaded by shikamoo? It should be right below Carmar1791's Complete Score.
No, I think that's right. The complete scores are in date order, with Bach's manuscript first (1720), then the Bach-Gesellschaft Ausgabe edition (1879), and then Werner Icking's edition (late 20th century). It doesn't matter that the BGA is broken into six separate files, as it's still complete :) Anyway, it's been suggested that this page is too long and needs splitting in the same way as the BWV 1007-1012 page, so I might see to that later...