Mislabeled item

General help on the Wiki

Moderators: kcleung, Wiki Admins

phidler
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Mislabeled item

Post by phidler »

Sorry that I don't have the time or knowledge to solve this myself...

I notice that the first two items under "Arrangements and Transcriptions" tab at http://imslp.org/wiki/3_Sonatas_for_Vio ... Sebastian) appear to be arrangements of the 6 violin/keyboard sonatas, BWV 1014-1019 instead. I don't see a single entry for the latter, however, so I'm not sure where this should be moved to.
Davydov
Copyright Reviewer

Re: Mislabeled item

Post by Davydov »

Are you sure? I've just downloaded the two files for the Naumann arrangement (if they're the two you meant), and they certainly appear to be BWV 1027 to 1029. I can't see anything else amiss, or have I misunderstood? :?
phidler

Post by phidler »

That's weird...it's only the second item (the Viola Part of a Naumann transcription, #15700) that's incorrect as I described. I mistakenly thought I had also looked at the first.
Davydov
Copyright Reviewer

Post by Davydov »

You're right, the file marked "Viola part only" comes from an arrangement by Friedrich Hermann of BWV 1014-1018. The plate numbers given in the description don't match either, so maybe the wrong file was uploaded, but it was a few years ago so it's hard to check. Since the scans for the same edition of Hermann's arrangement can already be found on the page for BWV 1014-1018 (in a more complete version), I've just removed the file from the page for BWV 1027-1029. Good catch!