General help on the Wiki

Moderators: kcleung, Wiki Admins

reccmo
active poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

IMSLP contributor James Howard Young

Post by reccmo »

A couple of days ago I created an IMSLP page for the performer, composer and arranger, James Howard Young by appointment to him. I've got his permission to publish some (very fine) multi track recorder performances for 2 canzonas by G. Gabrieli. So these were the first entries on his page. Later I added sheet music for compositions and arrangements.

James has created an IMSLP account in order to upload IMSLP contributions himself. This morning he has sent me an email reporting that only his performance items are visible on his IMSLP page until he has logged in. After logon all his entries are visible. I'm able to reproduce that problem. For comparison I logged out and pointed my browser to my own IMSLP page where I do see all my own entries,whether I'm logged on or not.

What can be done for making all James's contributions visible on his IMSLP page for everyone?
steltz
active poster

Re: IMSLP contributor James Howard Young

Post by steltz »

Is it not perhaps a caching problem, where in a couple of days time, everything will be visible to everyone?
bsteltz
reccmo
active poster

Post by reccmo »

steltz wrote:Is it not perhaps a caching problem, where in a couple of days time, everything will be visible to everyone?
Looks like you're right: when I look up the IMSLP page of contributor Wilbert Berendsen I see only an entry for his own composition. An hour ago I transferred an organ music edition of his from WIMA to IMSLP. That item is visible only when I log in.
KGill
Copyright Reviewer

Post by KGill »

Yes, it's the cache; the maximum refresh time is 3 days, but it usually doesn't take that long. If you wish, you can manually refresh any page by clicking 'history' or another tab, changing the end of the resultant URL to 'action=purge', and loading that page - that will instantly clear its cache and force all items in a category to display even when logged out. This can only be done one page at a time, but at least the feature is there if it's bothering you.
reccmo
active poster

Post by reccmo »

KGill wrote:Yes, it's the cache; the maximum refresh time is 3 days, but it usually doesn't take that long. If you wish, you can manually refresh any page by clicking 'history' or another tab, changing the end of the resultant URL to 'action=purge', and loading that page - that will instantly clear its cache and force all items in a category to display even when logged out. This can only be done one page at a time, but at least the feature is there if it's bothering you.
I can do that, even when I'm not logged in! Is that intentional?
KGill
Copyright Reviewer

Post by KGill »

reccmo wrote:I can do that, even when I'm not logged in! Is that intentional?
I guess so, it's been that way for as long as I can remember.
Choralia
Site Admin

Post by Choralia »