General help on the Wiki

Moderators: kcleung, Wiki Admins

rkram53
regular poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

How to create a Transcriptions and Arrangements tab

Post by rkram53 »

I am working on a number of transcriptions, arrangements and orchestrations of some Renaissance and Baroque compositions (for example I want to add one for Renaissance composer William Drew - there is only one set of pieces posted there). I see a button to add score but it only has the option to go to the general tab, as there is no arrangements and transcriptions tab. Can you please instruct on how to add that tab to a page that does not have one? Also when I add to that, will that automatically show up on my composers page in an arrangements and transcriptions category which I see many other composers have? Thanks.
cypressdome
active poster

Re: How to create a Transcriptions and Arrangements tab

Post by cypressdome »

Hi rkram53!

Edit the work page on which you wish to add your own arrangement and below the existing original version add the 3-level header for arrangements and transcriptions in the format of ===Arrangements and Transcriptions===. If your arrangement is of one or more sections of the original work but not the complete work then you would add beneath that a 4-level header identifying the particular section or excerpt, such as ====No.2 Gavotte====. Finally, beneath that you would add a 5-level header to identify the instrumental forces and arranger, such as =====For String Quartet (Kram)=====. All this is covered in greater detail at http://imslp.org/wiki/IMSLP:Score_submi ... Work_Pages.

Lastly, to get the system to identify you as the arranger so it shows up on your composer page you can edit the work page and add the line within the text for your arrangement

|Arranger={{LinkArr|Richard|Kram}}

Hope that helps,
Cypressdome
rkram53
regular poster

Post by rkram53 »

Posted my orchestration of one of the William Drew Almaine. Seems to work. Please note I posted a Midi/Synthesized performance along with the score. I read somewhere where this is allowed if you rearrange something and in the general case if your synthesized version is of a high quality, which I feel mine is. Perhaps you can go to William Drew and listen to the .mp3 file and tell me if this level of synthesized performance is acceptable. Thanks for you help!
cypressdome
active poster

Post by cypressdome »

Hi Richard,

Two items one of which is my fault for not being very clear. For the |Arranger={{LinkArr|Richard|Kram}} that needs to go down in the area after the {{#fte:imslpfile and not in the area with the arrangement headers. Also, having the same number of equal signs on each side of the header is quite important since if they don't match it breaks the page. You can take a look at the page now to see what I mean as while the arrangement and transcriptions tab was there your arrangement couldn't be seen because the level 4 header was mismatched (3= on one side and 4= on the other). I wouldn't worry about the audio quality I'm sure it will be fine.

Thanks for your contributions!
Cypressdome