Moderators: kcleung, Wiki Admins

rhymesandchymes
forum adept
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Title change request

Post by rhymesandchymes »

Hi admin,

Re Memoirs of Uliana Rooney by Vivian Fine.

Could you remove "a chamber opera with video projections" from the title? It's a subtitle and not really part of the opera's name.

Thanks very much.
steltz
active poster

Re: Title change request

Post by steltz »

Carolus had already changed it by the time I got there, but I have a couple of questions:

1) when you say clarinet is "interchangeable" with bass clarinet, and likewise flute/piccolo, do you mean they "double"? In other words, are the piccolo and bass clarinet parts mandatory changes? In this case, I would like to change the instrumentation list to make it clearer that it is a mandatory doubling.

2) If you want the "a chamber opera with video projections" somewhere on the page, it could go under Alternative Title. Would you like it there?
bsteltz
rhymesandchymes
forum adept

Post by rhymesandchymes »

Carolus, thanks for making the change.

Steltz, in answer to your questions:

1. There's one player for the flute and the piccolo. Sometimes s/he plays the flute and sometimes the piccolo, as the score directs. Same situation for the clarinet and bass clarinet. So yes, I guess these are mandatory doublings (I wasn't familiar with the term). Please feel free to alter the instrumentation list to make that clear (not sure how to do it).

2. That's a good idea to put it as an alternate title; I've done it.
steltz
active poster

Post by steltz »

Done.
bsteltz