General help on the Wiki

Moderators: kcleung, Wiki Admins

Lewis Jones
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

"File Not Yet Officially Submitted" Error

Post by Lewis Jones »

Greetings, all!

Today I uploaded two files to IMSLP. When I am logged in I can access them here:

http://imslp.org/wiki/File:PMLP383425-Sweet_Sussex.pdf

and here:

http://imslp.org/wiki/File:PMLP383420-M ... elight.pdf

But when I am not logged in I get the following error message:

Requested file not yet officially submitted to IMSLP.

What do I have to do to submit these files officially? The PDFs are of two booklets of out of copyright folk songs that my friend Margaret and I published in the 1990s. I have included a Collective Commons statement at about page 3 or so in each book in which Margaret and I put into the public domain the content over which we hold copyright.

I also created two new composer entries for Broadwood, John and Broadwood, Lucy. These show up to me when I am logged in, but disappear when I am not. Do I need to do anything about this?

Please help. I am stumped. If a kind administrator wants to do the job for me, great. If not I will do the best I can if advised.

Regards,

Lewis.
steltz
active poster

Re: "File Not Yet Officially Submitted" Error

Post by steltz »

Since you uploaded it, you will always be able to see it when logged in. For the rest of us, it has to go through copyright review first, and this is sometimes done within hours, sometimes a bit longer. Even then, because of caching, it can take 3 days to become visible to everyone. When you are not logged in, it doesn't recognize you as the uploader, so then you see it as we do.

Be patient, it will probably be reviewed very soon.
bsteltz
Lewis Jones

Post by Lewis Jones »

Dear Steltz,

Greetings and many thanks. With your help, and that of an Administrator, I have now, I think, sorted the problem.

Regards,

Lewis.
Jmge

Post by Jmge »

Hello, i am new at IMSLP. I was wondering what this actually means: "Relax - a fellow member will review everything you've done to make sure it's correct"

Who is this Fellow Member, and does this mean, that every score uploaded by some user, is reviewed manually by someone to check copyright and validity? I am thinking that it might be a very time-consuming process - or what?

Looking forward to being enlightened about this... :)
steltz
active poster

Post by steltz »

It means that some people find it a bit daunting to have to fill in all the fields, and sometimes don't have the resources to find dates, etc. Then there's the fact that there are certain formats for titles, etc. We have librarians and moderators who check all the details and correct whatever needs to be corrected. So . . . "Relax - a fellow member will review everything you've done to make sure it's correct"!! :D
bsteltz
Jmge

Post by Jmge »

Thanks for your reply steltz :)