General help on the Wiki

Moderators: kcleung, Wiki Admins

Tpgettys
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

How do I create a collection?

Post by Tpgettys »

Newbie here.

I see that there is a tab titled Collections associated with a composer. How do I add an entry on this page for a new collection?

I have also seen a "work" titled something like "Fantasias for two viols" on a composer page; the page associated with that link contains several multi-part pieces, separated by an editor, publisher, etc block. How are multiple works entered on a single page?
Davydov
Copyright Reviewer
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Re: How do I create a collection?

Post by Davydov »

Tpgettys wrote:Newbie here.
Welcome!
Tpgettys wrote:I see that there is a tab titled Collections associated with a composer. How do I add an entry on this page for a new collection?
Anywhere in the general information section towards the bottom of the page you just need to add the line:

|Page Type=Collection

Normally each of a composer's works goes on its own page, so collections are only used for scores containing two or more works that can't easily be split.
Tpgettys wrote:I have also seen a "work" titled something like "Fantasias for two viols" on a composer page; the page associated with that link contains several multi-part pieces, separated by an editor, publisher, etc block. How are multiple works entered on a single page?
They shouldn't be! :)
Those pages were only created on a temporary basis when a lot of files were moved to IMSLP from a sister project, with the intention that they should be split up as soon as the opportunity allows.