General help on the Wiki

Moderators: kcleung, Wiki Admins

Carolus
Site Admin
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Sorabji

Post by Carolus »

This composer lived a long time (died in the 1980s I think). Kudos to Goldberg988 for posting them, BTW, they're really interesting. I think you'll have to make sure they get moved to the USA server, where they are public domain.
goldberg988
forum adept
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

Post by goldberg988 »

Yes, and there were some other files I uploaded by composers who died after 1956 (Joseph Marx, Alexander Goedicke..). What actions do I need to take to get them on the US server?

And thanks for nominating the Balakirev scores. When I get my scanner working I'm going to try to scan the complete works of Nikolai Medtner, too.
Carolus
Site Admin
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Post by Carolus »

I think Feldmahler has to move the non-PD in Canada scores to a USA server. There is a "1923 template" you can use when you upload or edit the article for a piece. See Grainger's "Sherpherd's Hey" for how it should appear. Perhaps a 1923 upload page could be set up? Early Stravinsky is certainly free in the USA but tied up in Canada. There are a few other examples as well - like the early works of Poulenc, the very earliest piano works of Aaron Copland, etc. I look forward to the Medtner scores!
imslp
Site Admin

Post by imslp »

I'll move them right now :) I really should find a way to automate the process... I could allow uploads to the US server directly, but it won't be part of the wiki and I'm afraid some guy with too much free time would abuse it... maybe I'll implement some sort of logging process that will record the uploads and the uploader.