mehrdad_makarem
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

a problem on download

Post by mehrdad_makarem »

hello everyone

i am so glad that imslp is back again.

it was a kind of suprise for me .

i was waiting impatianately for imslp,s reopening and now all os my wishes are becoming true.

i sincerely appriciate imslp founders :wink:

the only problem is that i have encountered a problem while downloading a score. the pdf file changes into a html and in the html it has written that:

You have reached this page because the file you requested has not been reviewed for copyright, or is currently restricted due to technical reasons.

when can i overcome this problem :(
... and
Nothing Else Matters
Yagan Kiely
Site Admin

Post by Yagan Kiely »

As soon as it has been reviewed. There are 16,000 score that need to be reviewed (most have been done). There is a possibility that it is found to be still in copyright and removed however.

Yagan
monteverdi

Post by monteverdi »

I have been trying to get access to several scores today, but all of them seem to be "not reviewed for copyright" yet.

Is it possible that I have targeted on a section that is especially under-reviewed (mainly organ music) - or is it probable that many more scores are not available for a while???

Can we help on that matter?
adeadsniper
regular poster

scores

Post by adeadsniper »

why is it that most of carmar's many useful scores are blocked?

is there a rough estimate of the date that the blocks will be cleared by?
Lyle Neff
active poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Post by Lyle Neff »

I noticed today that the PDFs for Cui's "William Ratcliff" vocal score are locked because of copyright review (it was published in 1869!), as are his Scherzos, Opp. 1 and 2, all of which I uploaded last year and were allowed to be downloaded before the system went down in October.

Is there a list of all the pre-shutdown files that are under this new review?
Yagan Kiely
Site Admin

Post by Yagan Kiely »

(it was published in 1869!)
It is possible that an editor died less than 70 years ago.

It is important to get all of this done properly with everything, does anyone want another shutdown?
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Before the takedown, there was no blocking of unreviewed or copyrighted files. There were 16000 files to review, of which 10000 have been done in the off-line period. At the current speed, do not expect the remaining 6000 to be reviewed before 2009 - new files get priority and are reviewed the same day. We are also examining the possibility of a review request system.

Please keep in mind that it's for the best of IMSLP and its users that unreviewed files are blocked from downloading!

There is no favoritism in the review process. But of course, submissions that have correct publisher information will be reviewed more quickly - the more work for the reviewers, the longer your file will have to wait.

YOU CAN HELP!
1. read the guidelines
2. make good submissions (read: submissions with COMPLETE publication data)
3. when you encounter an unreviewed file lacking information, correct it yourself! Feel free to ask for help or for a review afterwards!
4. become a copyright reviewer
sixhobbits
regular poster

Post by sixhobbits »

"4. become a copyright reviewer"

I'm pretty sure that I read somewhere on these forums that you guys aren't accepting any more reviewers. Am I wrong??
Lyle Neff
active poster

Post by Lyle Neff »

I gather, then, that even files that had been reviewed as "verified" before the shutdown had to be reviewed again afterward.
Melodia
active poster

Post by Melodia »

Peter wrote: We are also examining the possibility of a review request system.
That's a very good idea. Hell, it's a Wiki, a very easy solution -- make it a link to a new page from the "this hasn't been reviewed" page where someone can add to the list of things to prioritize in reviewing.

-Lala-
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Sixhobbits: no you're right, we're still setting up an admission process. #4 was not really meant as an immediate vacature. :oops: But should we stumble upon a user with a fantastic knowledge of the copyright process, we won't hesitate admitting him or her :)

Lyle: correct, we had two review rounds, the first one started before the shutdown and reviewed only the Ca or US status (whichever was PD). We already processed a bunch before installing the second version :roll:

Melodia:that's possible, but I think a simple counter linked to the database would be more efficient than manually updating a wiki page
sixhobbits
regular poster

Post by sixhobbits »

But should we stumble upon a user with a fantastic knowledge of the copyright process, we won't hesitate admitting him or her
That rules me out then. :)

Maybe we could open a page where users can list the piece that they would most like to see reviewed. Then you can see which are the pieces most in demand and they can be moved up the waiting list.
Lyle Neff
active poster

Temporarily blocked, but downloadable?

Post by Lyle Neff »

I noticed this afternoon that, when you click files on a works page which are marked "temporarily blocked," you're taken to the regular download page with disclaimer and working download-link.

(An example is the first number from Cui's Op.67.)

This is EXTREMELY confusing. :wink:
imslp
Site Admin

Post by imslp »

Haha... that is just because you were the person who uploaded it :)
adeadsniper
regular poster

Post by adeadsniper »

perhaps the revision process could be made a little more public-friendly with the comment made three comments above this one.

perhaps on each of the "temporarily blocked" pages there could be a "click to put on revision wait list" feature that adds the piece onto a list that reviewers could just go through to meet popular demands.

:D